Throttle Body Actuator - P0638

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Sounds as if it was the oil cooler bottom cap you were looking at.

While it comes off, you probably did not need or want to take it off.

Good luck on the cleaning. That is a likely cause.

countrydoc

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI Man with Nav
I have had the same code come on with my 2009 TDI Jetta Sportwagen. Question for the folks who have had this problem, are you using a lubricity additive? For the more knowledgeable folks is this a common problems with junk buildup?
Thanks.
John

Rodya

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI; 2009 VW Rabbit and 2013 VW Golf Gasser
Same thing

2009 with 75K on it. Hard sputter when I turned the car off followed by flashing glow plugs. Started up fine, flashing plugs went away... drove without problem and then hard sputter when turning car off. Flashing plugs back on. Bad Throttle Body Actuator.

MTjake

Veteran Member
TDI
We are not adding any additives, but almost always fuel with B5 winter and B20 summer. After clearing the code again, no issues for approx. another 500 miles. I did not do alignment with VCDS after I cleaned the throttle body.

Tdi-nj

TDI
2011 Golf tdi
This is what im experiencing now. 2011 Golf, happened about 3 weeks ago. Cleared the code, next morning fine. Happened last night, fine this morning, and now back again. Lol from what i heard the throttle actuator could be covered under DieselGate. I realize this is an old thread. Let it liveeee lol