2013 passat specs!!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
TDI® SE & SE w/ Sunroof— Includes SE fea-tures, plus:
 Power tilt & sliding sunroof (automatic only)
Just to make sure everyone is clear on the above since the wording is awkward.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
People who've waited for the 2013's must be stoked for those rear vents, well worth the hold out!

cookeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
The 2012 already has rear vents. They're under the seat next to the console. They work automatically for heat and work for A/C buy pushing the up and down vent buttons together. The only way the old style vents got heat to the rear was to use the upper dash vents. I think this is a smarter way. This way you can have better A/C in the front with only two passengers or front and back when needed.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
According to "the list," only the SEL Premium will have power heated memory mirrors. Does that mean the others will be non-heated manual mirrors? Or only the SEL will have memory?

Again, that list is poorly worded (eg; "en-gine," and "au-tomatic") and most likely inaccurate.

AstroEng

TDI
2012 Passat TDI, 2005 Golf TDI (Sold)
The 2012 already has rear vents. They're under the seat next to the console. They work automatically for heat and work for A/C buy pushing the up and down vent buttons together. The only way the old style vents got heat to the rear was to use the upper dash vents. I think this is a smarter way. This way you can have better A/C in the front with only two passengers or front and back when needed.
Its been in the low 90s here with lots of sun (man I need to get some tinting) and the front A/C vents cool the rear just fine. I don't get the complaining...

CNNPress

TDI
12 Passat TDi
Let's just say, "rumor" has it that there is going to be a 1000 dollars increase. To me, it is not a bad deal for rear vent and RVC options.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Yeah this is strange wording. So can the 2013 be had with both a 6-speed manual and nice wood interior trim?

GIDDY_UP_GO

Veteran Member
TDI
10 Jetta 13 Beetle Convertible 15 GSW
Just got home from test driving a 2013 TDI Passat at the local VW dealership in Lafayette, Indiana. WOW! Very nice car with awesome power and plenty of trunk space and enuf leg/head room in the back seat for Shaq!

I am gonna do everything possible to get my wife to approve this purchase!

Dealership was very user friendly too, it was a Saturday and the salesman to customer ratio was about 1 salesman to 3 customers, so the guy photocopied my license and said "We close at 6pm!" I was on cloud 9 for the 45 minute test drive, almost like an out of body experience.

Anyway, I highly recommend this car to any TDI enthusiast. Price was $29,000. The only bad thing was that you cannot get the low 1.9% financing on the 2013 models. Only the 2012's qualify for that, and we all know that there are no 2012 Passat TDI's on the dealer lots!

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
The only bad thing was that you cannot get the low 1.9% financing on the 2013 models. Only the 2012's qualify for that, and we all know that there are no 2012 Passat TDI's on the dealer lots!
While there's no 1.9% financing through Volkswagen for 2013s, most (if not all) dealers work with a number of banks to provide financing options. I had prearranged 1.99% financing through my Credit Union, and when I was getting ready to do my paperwork, the sales manager said that he could probably match that through one of the banks he deals with, and could possibly get something as low as 1.79%. I politely declined, since the convenience of doing everything through the CU was worth more to me than the $2/mo I'd potentially save.