Where to buy 2009 TDI hpfp and related parts.

NickMo12

TDI
2009 Jetta TDI 6-speed sedan
Hi everyone. Like the tile says, I'm needing some parts for my 2009 tdi. I've searched in the forums but am having trouble finding where to buy certain parts. My cars hpfp failed last week and I'm needing to know where everyone buys specific parts like these? Does anyone make a better designed aftermarket pump, or is the factory Bosch pump he only way to go? I'm also doing the job myself, so any tips anyone has would be great! Thanks for the help!

prsa01

Veteran Member
TDI
14 jsw 6m, 96 B4v, miss my a4 :(
Emissions warranty?

Is this not covered under the extended diesel gate emissions warranty?

NickMo12

TDI
Unfortunately no it’s not. I had to put a used, low mileage engine in it last year and now the hpfp has failed. I sent vw a lengthy email asking about the possibility of them at least cutting me a deal on parts but they never replied.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
If you have no warranty to void, then I’d go with the CP3 pump. Yes, just like that one from darkside. I have one sitting on the shelf patiently waiting for my fix warranty to expire. As soon as my odometer hits the magic number it’s going in.

EDIT: As for “related parts” - I don’t know when your timing belt is due, but if you’re installing fuel pump, timing belt is right there also.
Idparts and dieselgeek both have reliable quality timing belt service kits.

Last edited:

NickMo12

TDI
If you have no warranty to void, then I’d go with the CP3 pump. Yes, just like that one from darkside. I have one sitting on the shelf patiently waiting for my fix warranty to expire. As soon as my odometer hits the magic number it’s going in.
I’m thinking I’m gonna go for it. Have you ever heard anything about darkside? The price seems unbeatable for the pump and all necessary parts. It comes out to about $850 shipped to my door.

D-Cup

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition, 2003 Jetta GLS, 2000 Jetta GLS, 2012 JSW
I personally have no experience with them. However, there are plenty of happy folks on this forum. Quick search for “darkside” and enjoy the reading.
Also, my 2000 Jetta is dubbed “Vader” so I may just buy something from darkside for s&gs

NickMo12

TDI
I personally have no experience with them. However, there are plenty of happy folks on this forum. Quick search for “darkside” and enjoy the reading.
Also, my 2000 Jetta is dubbed “Vader” so I may just buy something from darkside for s&gs
Haha you have to buy some stuff from them! Thanks, I'll get to searching on here and see what I find.