How Would You Celebrate.

LMJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf
Tomorrow will be 8 years and [only] 99,000 miles since purchasing a 2000 Golf for way too much money. How would you celebrate such a monumental event.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Tomorrow will be 8 years and [only] 99,000 miles since purchasing a 2000 Golf for way too much money. How would you celebrate such a monumental event.
Heavy drinking and lots of anchovy pizza. :D

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
My car experience, I'd knock on wood and rub my rabbit.<!-)
For the car you might refresh the fuel injectors. I like your level of mods, pretty much the same as my old '99, was pleasantly surprised how nice the RC-2 worked.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
LOL, I have to say, that's something that didn't cross my mind. Maybe if I were 35 years younger.
Really? Are you on the other side of the frost line? I find that the older I get, the more the Old Pervo Factor just seems to kick in.

On A practical note, the body work on the TDI is pretty straight and I wouldn't want to have to explain to my wife why there is guard rail rash on the side of my car.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
On A practical note, the body work on the TDI is pretty straight and I wouldn't want to have to explain to my wife why there is guard rail rash on the side of my car.:rolleyes:
Just tell her it's been there years, haven't you noticed. :p

LMJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf
Really? Are you on the other side of the frost line? I find that the older I get, the more the Old Pervo Factor just seems to kick in.
Not on the side of the frost line. Just older, wiser, classier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO2jvLIyIV4

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
Not on the side of the frost line. Just older, wiser, classier.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO2jvLIyIV4
Hey It's all good then. And you didn't use the line "Get Off My Lawn". Double points. I guess I'm the other side of the coin. To lazy to make the scenario happen. Oh and don't forget that life is a lot easier when you don't care what people think.:cool:

Last edited:

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
Take a couple of weeks off and drive around the US to get some miles on the clock!!!

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Back when I was an EMT we came upon a very odd crash site; one car wreck and no sign of anything amiss. Well, that was until we examined the two deceased passengers: she had an airway obstruction and he had an amputated penis. This is a true story; the point is oral sex and windy mountain roads don't get along very well together.

UhOh

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 & 2003 Golf GLS (2005 Mercedes E320 CDI)
I've got 51k miles on my (paid-too-much-for) car in not quite 3 1/2 years. I celebrate racking up miles every time I drive it! Actually, I enjoy it every time I drive it now after making it new again: when I bought it I was anything but impressed (didn't like it at all).