FS: 2005 Passat Wagon tdi 5sp - Pittsburgh, PA

BearClaw

TDI
2005 Passat Tdi 5-speed
PRICE DROP - $5000

Hello everyone. I’m listing my 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI GLS for sale. It is equipped with heated seats, sunroof, no wood trim, no Monsoon radio and manual seats. The car was originally sold and registered in Canada, but I purchased it and imported it to the states in September 2016 with 215,000 mi. For the past 4 years, I lived and drove the car daily in Austin, TX but I have just moved to Pittsburgh, PA. The previous owners spared no expense in the maintenance of this car and every possible upgrade has been made to ensure longevity. I have all records and receipts from day one, including documents for every oil change.

Current mileage – 280,000

Price - $5000

Mods - FHN 5 speed conversion, BSM delete, Colt stage 2 cam, Malone stage 1 tune

The good:

• BSM Delete performed at 125k miles
  • Converted to 5 speed FHN transmission at 140K miles
  • Colt Stage 2 Cam installed at 185k miles
  • Brand new Clutchmasters Stage 3 clutch with Whitbred 240mm flywheel
  • New tires (5K mi on them) 195/65R15 Falken Sincera SN250 All-season
  • No leaks, no fluid loss of any kind
  • 3M clear bra applied day one
  • The car has been rustproofed where possible and many panels have been replaced or refinished to keep the rust at bay
  • Accessories include: Bosal Euro hitch, VW roof bars, VW cargo cover, cargo gate, trailer brake controller, front grill cover, frost heater, aluminum skid plate, RossTech VCDS cable, Votex rear spoiler, all 3 original keys and an additional spare, VW rear cargo mat, VW winter floor mats, and a second set of wheels with winter tires.
  • Clean Texas title in hand

The Bad:

• Chip in the windshield (pictured)
  • Rust (pictured) starting to form around the windshield and rear quarter panel. The previous owners replaced several body panels due to rust and I replaced the door as well. The rust around the windshield is starting to get ugly and will need to be addressed soon. I planned to have this done in tandem with a windshield replacement but my clutch failed and so I had to replace that instead. This is the only concern I have with the car; the rest is in incredible shape for the mileage.
  • One large tear in the driver seat. All other seats are in perfect shape and have been conditioned regularly. I have a quote for a new OEM seat cover for $315
  • I was backed into recently and there is a picture of the dent on the front driver quarter panel.
  • One fog light cover is broken
  • The removable sections of the plastic rocker cover are missing
  • Steering starting to feel a little loose- probably should be checked out soon
  • Passenger door lock module needs to be replaced (I have the part). The only thing this affects is the light which doesn’t come on when the passenger door is opened. Everything else is fully operational.
  • The picture of the greasy axle was taken when I rebuilt that axle. I didn’t get a picture of it after I cleaned it up

Recent Major Service Dates in reverse chronological order:

• 02/28/2020 (280K mi)
    • Replaced clutch with Clutchmasters Stage 3 performance clutch and Whitbred 240mm flywheel
    • Detune to Malone Stage 1
  • 02/06/2019 (275K)
    • 4 new Falken Sincera SN250 A/S 195/65R15 tires
  • 08/22/2018 (250K)
    • New power steering rack
  • 10/03/2017 (235K)
    • A/C fan clutch bearing replaced and A/C serviced
  • 05/12/2017 (230K)
    • Head gasket replaced and head machined
    • New Tandem fuel/vacuum pump
    • EGR delete
  • 04/12/2017 (230K)
    • New brakes
  • 05/11/2015 (185K)
    • Colt stage 2 cam installed
  • 04/15/2015 (180K)
    • Installed Bilstein HD struts
  • 06/13/2014 (160K)
    • Installed Airlift rear air bags
    • Installed Tekonsha P3 brake controller
    • Installed 7 pin rear plug
  • 08/31/2013 (140K)
    • Converted to 5sp FHN by Kansas City TDI (Cool-Air Auto)
    • Malone stage 1.5 tune installed
  • 12/22/2012 (125K)
    • Timing belt replaced
    • BSM Delete
    • Installed Frost Heater
    • New engine mounts
  • Previous 2 owners kept meticulous records and I have receipts totaling over 50K in maintenance, upgrades, and accessories that make up this car.

I would like to see this car go to a good home considering the money invested in it. It’s a blast to drive on the highway and gets over 40 mpg. The only concern I have is the rust, and it will need to be addressed. If you are in the market for a used, well-maintained, manual Tdi wagon, and are prepared for the maintenance that comes with them, then please PM me with any questions or offers you have. I will be in Austin, TX for 2 more weeks and then I am moving to Pittsburgh, PA. If I happen to sell the car to someone on the east coast I can deliver it pretty easily. Otherwise, send me a PM and we can talk about delivery options.

Last edited: