• The TDIClub classifieds section is a heavily trafficked section of the forum that encompasses want-to-buy (WTB) and for-sale (FS) threads for the entire world. Due to the demanding nature and fast pace of this section, it is imperative that you know and understand the rules. It is also important to remember that this is the only parts classifieds section.

Cross-posting and posting classifieds in the regional sections (except the dedicated thread in Ontario) is not permitted.

Multiple items should be sold in one thread. Make sure to provide a description for all items in your post along with pictures and prices. If you start multiple threads with individual items, they will be locked or combined at the discretion of the moderators.

Here is a quick outline of the classifieds section rules. If you don't follow these rules, you subject yourself to thread deletion, thread combination, infractions, or posting privilege revocation.

Thread titles:
    • Put FS or WTB in your thread title. This will let other users know if you are selling or buying.
    • Briefly describe what you are selling. Thread titles have limited space. Be as descriptive, yet succinct, as possible.
    • Put your location in the title.
    • If space allows, put your price in the title

Title example (single item): "FS: 2004 Mk4/BEW cylinder head - Portland, OR - $500"
    Title example (multiple items): "FS: MK6 fog lights, front bumper, headlights, grill - Detroit, MI"
    Title example (car part-out): "FS: Mk3 Jetta parting out engine & interior - Dallas, TX"

Thread text descriptions and pictures:
    • All for-sale threads must include pictures of the items that you are selling. One picture is sufficient, but multiple pictures with different angles will help buyers. A picture is worth a thousand words. If you don't know how to post pictures on TDIClub, see this thread: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=286691
    • All for-sale threads must include a description. We don't charge per-word, so be as descriptive as possible. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be for buyers.
    • All for-sale threads must include a price. Auctions and bidding are not allowed. If you want to auction something off, use eBay.
    No picture, no price, NO SALE!

Thread maintenance/updates/bumps:
    • When you sell something, update your thread with "SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title.
    • If you have multiple items for sale, update your thread as each item has been sold. When everything has been sold, updated the thread with "ALL ITEMS SOLD!" Moderators will close the thread and update the title when all items have been sold.
    • If you bump your thread, please delete old bumps by clicking on EDIT and then deleting the old bump. This will reduce clutter in your thread and make it easier to read. It also makes you look less desperate.
    • If you drop your price, please update your first post in addition to posting the new price. If you would like the thread title changed, click on the report post icon and let a moderator know what you would like the title changed to.

Moderator intervention and infraction points:
    Moderators will be monitoring the classifieds section. If a moderator determines that you have not been following the rules listed above, corrections will be made and infraction points will be assessed to your account.

What is an infraction point? Simple - it's a system of keeping track of user behavior. A moderator can assign a point value based on the severity of the infraction, as well as an expiration date on the points assessed. If you accumulate a certain number of points, the system will auto-ban you for a predefined amount of time. The more points you accumulate, the longer your ban period will be.

One example of points is as follows: multiple threads will be combined into a single thread, with the number of infraction points assessed corresponding to the number of threads merged. If we merge four threads into one, then you will be assessed four points that expire in 30 days. When you reach five points, the system will auto-ban you for one day.*

*This is an example based on the current infraction system structure. We reserve the right to modify the infraction system at any time without notice or updates to this announcement.

Thank you for your cooperation, and good luck with your sales and searches! :)

-TDIClub Administration

VDO group buy feeler (Canadian edition)

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora
I have been in contact with Dave at H2Sport and he said that they are negotiating a deal with 42 draft designs. What this means is that us Canucks who have been left out in the cold (in more than 1 way) can pick up a set of gauges right here in Canada

From the conversations I had with Dave, we are able to pick out the solution that suits our needs. The list of the solutions can be seen here .

As for pricing, well I guess it is up to Dave. This is sort of a feeler to see how many people are interested. Perhaps when we get a number on how many people are interested then Dave can shed more light on the pricing.

H2Sport

Hey guys! We should have more details for you in regards to the 42DD products within the coming week. Expect to see pricing in Canadian dollars.

We actually like to refrain from using the term "Group Buy".
We prefer to use the TDI Club discount.

dropFROG

Veteran Member
TDI
Jolf 2001
Any ball park estimates at what we could be looking at, kind of a low end / high end figure.. My B-day is commin up and I would like to let everyone know about this good cause they can donate to!

flair.14

Veteran Member
TDI
02 black Bora
No way. I'll try and get in touch with Dave this weekend and try to get the ball rolling. I would dearly love to have some gauges installed for the warm weather!

clambert

TDI
2006 Jetta Sedan Silver, A5
Yep. I'm interested. Let's see what kind of pricing it will be.
I think a nice trio of gauges would be the pryo, boost, outside air temp,(needs to be a greater range than -10-120, though).

Cary G

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 4Dr.
I talked to to Mark from H2Sport today and he said i should let you guys know that the temperature guages(oil and water) only come in *fahrenheit, not *celsius. That was a concern because he's not sure if you guys would still want them. Also they were not sure in what gauge configuration everybody wanted. I told Mark that i would like the Boost, Oil temp, and Oil pressure set-up but that's me. You guys should think about what you want and give Mark or Dave a call at H2Sport (905)702-8299. Give them the guage configuration you want and the LED colour. They said that they would try to keep the price pretty close to what you can get down in the States and that they are hardly making any money on these. So let's help them out with the ordering, that way they would have less stocking to do and we could have the guages sooner. Give them a call soon to get this ball rolling and let them know that you are still interested.