FS in AL: 1986 Westy 4 Door Jetta Diesel w/ Recaros

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
*Sold*

After nearly 25yrs, I'm stepping away from these VW diesels. All of my VW's are for sale.

Athens, Alabama
1986 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel
1.6L NA Diesel
5-Speed
Shows: 145k Miles, Actual: 180k Miles
Manual Windows, Locks and Mirrors
Power Steering
Rear Defrost
Air Conditioning
$2850

Mechanical:
All services are up to date. Within the past 35k miles this Jetta has received a brand new injector pump, complete timing belt service, new accessory belts, glow plugs, thermostat, heater core, shifter linkage bushings, the entire front end has been rebuilt and new brake master cylinder was installed. Oil, filter, air filter and fuel filter have about 2k miles on them. Uses 1.5qts between changes. Fuel filter is done every oil change. Has a small power steering leak. It gets topped off every 2-3 months when it drops below the full line. Just installed a new group 24, high cca, Duracell marine battery. New 4ga (+) lead to starter and 4ga (–) leads to ground motor and frame.
Starts up nicely, runs excellent, shifts well (no guess work) strong clutch, drives nice and tight.

Exterior:
Pictures represent it well. No accidents or fender benders...nice, straight and solid. This has always been a southern car (South Carolina, then Alabama) so there’s no rust/rot issues. The clear coat is gone on the top surfaces so there is the type of rust that’s become popular these days. It’s a good look.
GLI grill, new Douglas 50k mile tires mounted on a nice set of 14” teardrops and new (eBay) door handles which are a step up from non-working handles. I do have a tow hitch for it. It’s been removed, but will be included. It’s also wired for (4-pin) trailer lights. Before my ownership it was used a couple of times to pull an empty tow dolly.
There is a chip in the windshield that was sealed years ago. Wipers work on all settings, but the windshield washer doesn’t. All lights, signals and horn work well. The hazard lights only flash on the right side, but combine that with the left turn signal and you’re good to go!
Again, it’s a straight, solid, fine looking MKII that attracts a lot of attention…if you’re into that sort of thing.

Interior:
Clean. Never smoked in and not used to haul pets.
Dash shows several cracks. I have an extra dash that will be included if the buyer would like. We’ll call it the “2 Crack GLI Dash” and although it’s not perfect, it is in better condition. The trip meter was reset for the last time about 35k miles ago. The button was pushed in, wouldn’t pop back out so the odometer won’t spin. Other gauges (temp, fuel & speedo) work well along with the aftermarket temp gauge. Clock does not work. I do have a nice, spare GLI cluster that will be included.
Headliner is in great shape. Floor mats don’t match front to rear, but they work. Carpet is in great shape showing no holes or significant wear. Beautiful Recaro seats and door panels. Pioneer AM/FM/CD player w/ remote. Rear speakers work well, front do not. Windows and locks work correctly. Awesome cold A/C, but heat is just warm. Heater core was replaced with a box store unit and it’s never been what it should. I have a new Mehle unit that was going in with new blender door foam when the dash was swapped. I’ve simply not made it that far. New heater core will be included. Sun visors need the plastic clip for the visor to snap into when not in use, but they do stay up and out of the way. Driver rear seat belt would not retract, so I bought a good one. Unfortunately, I let it fully retract before installing and can’t figure out how to get it pulled out. It will be included as well. Also, I have the factory seats. Driver’s seat shows some wear, but it’s not bad. Passenger and rear seat are nice. If you’d rather have the factory seats, I’ll keep the Recaros and drop the price a bit. There’s no carpet in the trunk, but I do have the spare tire.

Summary:
This is a very nice, solid, reliable and well kept diesel Jetta. It’d been driven 400-480mi/wk for the past several year. About 3mo ago that dropped to about 100mi/wk. It’s a “get in and go, pop the hood every few weeks to check fluids” kinda car. It runs 80 down the interstate without a hiccup and as long as you anticipate them, it pulls hills just fine too. I trust it on a trip, no matter the distance, so feel free to fly in and drive it home.

Clean AL title, tagged and insured, in my name.

No games and I’m not selling parts.

Thank You,
-Jason

Last edited:

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI

GLI Dash and hitch:

Factory Front Seats:

Factory Rear Seat:

Full View of Carpet:

mz1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 GTD Stage III / 2015 Touareg TDI LUX Stage II
the seats look just amazing....good luck with the sale !!

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
I checked out the link and that looks pretty cool. Problem is, I'm trying to get out of the game and I'm afraid going to the show would drag me back in!
Thank you!
-Jason

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
To the top please.
-Jason

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI