Question/Opinion wanted on getting new suspension for Jetta

redneckincanada

TDI
'06 Jetta BRM with 80k miles. Going to replace the front and rear suspension, but before i do i have three questions for this group:

1) if i have always ran H&R lowering springs with my stock suspension, should i purchase the "sport suspension" to compliment these springs, or continue with the "stock" kind? i prefer a smoother ride, so I'm leaning towards the stock, but with the lowering springs, i've been told the sport supsension would last longer. the springs seem to be in great shape btw. the suspension isn't bad either, i just would rather do it now while i have the time.

2) what brand would you recommend? i use rockauto, and there are tons of choices there with barely any price differences. the munroe's seem to be the most expensive, but they are only $25 more than the cheapest, so no biggie, but the most expensive aren't always the best, so any advice here would be great.

3) i see other parts associated with this kind of replacement, but i'm unsure what is recommended to replace, and what wouldn't be needed, such as strut mounts, bearings, boots, etc. what would you do if you were going for longevity? this is a car i plan on keeping for many years to come.

TIA

relumalutan

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI Special Edition
Following closely! I have an '06 with 300k that also needs a suspension refresh.

FWIW- it's Suspension Month at ID Parts! I'm looking at installing this.
https://www.idparts.com/koni-specia...104617334&mc_cid=90da736fe1&mc_eid=391569383c
I have the Koni FSD and Eibach pro-kit springs. I'm very happy with he combination, the car looks and handles "sporty" I would say. The FSD have been replaced by the Special Active ones (I know because I had one of the FSD replaced under warranty and they have sent me a Special Active as replacement).