1st post

DasDiesel

TDI
2004 Silver Passat Wgn
This is my first written post. I posted 2 pics in the test area. Anyways, I have almost 5,000 miles on my vehicle. Got it on June 3rd '04 straight off the truck. I got lucky that I got it under MSRP, no bad considering the stories I've read about Passat TDI pricing. The car has been just about perfect, I have had the stumbling issue here and there, but it doesn't really concern me as of yet. I'll deal with it at the 5,000 mile check up/oil change. I relpced the 15" wheels with 17" OZs. Lost a couple of miles to the gallon but the looks and added handling more than make up for it. I hope to add the Eibach Pro-System in the near future. This is my 3rd VW and I couldn't be happier. I also own a 02 A4 quattro, 2 different cars for sure. I always see/hear people saying that they're the same car, not really. When I shopped for the A4 I drove the A4 and Passat GLX back to back. That's why I went with the A4. Wanted a wagon but at the time of purchase, Audi didn't have the Avants in country yet. I couldn't wait for the Avants to arrive and got a sedan instead. Needless to say when VW announced the return of the Passat TDIs I knew that would be my next vehicle, in wagon form
. Anyway I rambled on long enough, hope to see some of you guys/gals on the road (haven't seen another B5.B TDI on the road yet) in the DC metro area. I'll try to get better pics.