04 Jetta BEW Fault P0236

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Hi Guys,

I have a reoccuring P0236 fault (Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance). Limp mode when i startup, but if I cycle the key, the limp mode goes away. The car runs quite well once the fault has been erased.

The car is running a GT1749VC (which was adapated to take a smart actuator), Eurojet SMIC, Malone Tune, PD150 intake/injectors, AFE Dry Air filter, 3 inch exhaust.

She has a new 3 bar MAP sensor (about 30k ago) and a new MAF (5k ago). I have also cleaned out the MAF connection. I took a look at the vacuum lines - nothing looked out of place. I have also looked at the i/c piping - nothing looked out of the ordinary.

I have reviewed the thread on limp mode, but I don't think it applies as the fault that is causing my issue isn't covered. Keep in mind that this a PD engine, not an ALH.

I also have a p0101 code, but only very occasionally.

Ideas? Thoughts? Have any of the gurus seen this issue?

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
i'll check that later. 1 other piece of the puzzle is that the actuator is newish - it was new at the turbo install and now had around 30k on it

yatzee

Top Post Dawg
TDI
see sig
Are you still running a stock EGr setup? If so, maybe an exhaust leak there. That will trigger those 2 codes.
I'm running a pd150 EGR valve, but it is not connected. It is currently not deleted (to my knowledge). I will have to check for a leak.

there's a chance that the actuator is defective there seems to be a bad batch of them out there the magnetic sensor reads out of range there is a fix for them.
Tell me more! I'm not aware of this - any idea what the fix is?