turbo technical database

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Lets say the bearings will not be the main area to look for improvements in terms of efficiency.

But in a compound setup it might be not the best idea to judge on a turbo pure for its peak efficiency at a certain flow/pr but more for its broad map and how this suits to the other turbo in the equation

JST

Veteran Member
TDI
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2 jtd 180 AT8
Thanks guys for the reply.
I 'm looking a turbo for a fiat 1.3 multijet engine and I want to make the best choice to have minimal lag and a lot of power over 200hp:D.
The Fiat 1.3 Multijet engine ( 1248cc ) is really small . The amount of smoke that it generated is very little .To Load a big turbo is very difficult.
In my country (Italy) is usually used a GTB1549v (2.0 Multijet 170hp) to make a lot of power 190-200hp ( at 2.5-2.8bar ) but it has much lag. it has full boost at 2800-3000rpms.
For an average power is usually used a GTB1446vz (1.6 Multijet 120 hp )to make normal power 135-145hp at 1.8-2.2 bar(depends of the boost) with minimal lag.
I'm looking for the latest generation of Garrett GTD series turbo's and I'm very interested in ceramic ball bearing turbo to reduce lag, for example GTD1752vrk of lastest 2.0bmw 190hp engine's. It is a wonderful turbo for big power but I do not know how much lag can make it.
Anyone knows a little more small ceramic ball bearing turbo's of GTD1752vrk? For example GTD15XXvrk,GTD14XXvrk?
The GTD1449vz of 2.0 tdi 184hp is not ceramic ball bearing and it is integrated into the exhaust manifold.
The borgwargner bv43d is ceramic ball bearing? It is only available integrated with the exhaust manifold?
Thanks
If the gtb1549v spools late on your engine, I think it will not get any better with a GTD1752 unit.

I'd try a GTC1446vz, that should also be quite a potent little turbo.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
Actuator would touch steering on RHD car and maybe Bulkhead on LHD?

Would be nice to see dyno prints!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
This thread is a DATABASE, not a place to market your wares. So unless you have SPECIFIC DATA, e.g. compressor/turbine map(s), flowbench or dyno results, you are spamming and will be dealt with accordingly.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Hello guys ,
My turbo prototype is ready to test now.
Is a special ball bearing turbo that is made from :
1. Exhaust turbo housing, compesor housing & wastgate from : GT1646V (S3) (2.0 BMP engine )
2 .VKLR bearing housing
3. VNT and VNT cage from GTB1749MV (2.0 BMR BMM engine )
4. 52MFS compresor Wheel
5. 1752VRK shaft & wheel
6. Ceramic ball bearing.
Please let me know your opinion about this turbo , i have set the flow gases the same as GT1645V S3.
Pictures :

Sounds good. what do you think turbine will flow in these relativelz small housing?

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Ryan :
I dont have RHD car but i will test on two LHD next week.
I belive that is going to fit well. I have one ibizi ASZ and one MK4 4motiond ATD.
As soon as i test i will let you know. Also i need a stok car to mount and test the turbo on dyno. Iziba and mk4 are whit many modificationd.
majesty78 :
Oil chanel is normal . oil feed is up and out down.
Rub87 :
I was forced to use this housings (exhaust and compresor) because the bearing housing is wht VNT S3 so i need to use a cage for the vnt , and the bearing housig has a inser plate not a backplate. so this compresor fit perfectli on bearing housing.
TDIMeister : i belive that you make a joke . We are talking about a turbo that is made from five. I am working at this turbo from december. If you think that i want to sell that you are completly wrong ! Customers i can found all over the internet , i am here beacause i want to ask opinion about this concept turbo. I dont have a compresor map , the flow is in pictures and dyno is not ready yet because yesterday i have finish the turbo.
So please dont be mean and impolite beacause is not nice.
PS : i have told evrything that is in that turbo , nobody that has a concept do that. The reason that i put them is that i want opinion from people that has experience in this area.
I am still wainting for your suggestions / opinion etc :)

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Solution for the watercooling?

On the other day I saw the pictures I thought the water connectors are the oil feed. Therefore I asked if oiling channel is correct. (within +-15 degrees)

I had this idea last year also when the BMW turbo showed up on the market, but I had no TDI at this time....

Maybe I make same end of march when I have an ASZ TDI again.

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Solution for the watercooling?

On the other day I saw the pictures I thought the water connectors are the oil feed. Therefore I asked if oiling channel is correct. (within +-15 degrees)

I had this idea last year also when the BMW turbo showed up on the market, but I had no TDI at this time....

Maybe I make same end of march when I have an ASZ TDI again.
I dont think this turbo need watercooling beacause i have use the ball bearing from 819976-0010 ( GTD1752VRK ) which dose not have watercooling.

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
I think it is important to look in oil inlet if there is restrictor.
Actually BB needs way less oil which is not enough for lubrication and cooling....

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Interesting! Thanks for sharing pictures!

What is really funny is that the turbo w/o watercooling has restricted oil inlet and the turbo with watercooling has bigger oil inlet....

Should be the other way actually, but always nice to see something new....

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Interesting! Thanks for sharing pictures!

What is really funny is that the turbo w/o watercooling has restricted oil inlet and the turbo with watercooling has bigger oil inlet....

Should be the other way actually, but always nice to see something new....
Is very interesting , but i belive that the diference is from the balbearing model. ( steel / ceramic ) Otherway i can not see the meaning of that.

Eman7996

TDI
1999.5 jetta 1.9
im looking at buying a tubo from a guy. its a garrett super 18 he didnt give me any compressor or tubine specs on it and i cant find anything online about it can some one tell me a little about it? and im sorry if i put this in the wrong spot im new to this forum

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
im looking at buying a tubo from a guy. its a garrett super 18 he didnt give me any compressor or tubine specs on it and i cant find anything online about it can some one tell me a little about it? and im sorry if i put this in the wrong spot im new to this forum
Do you have a garrett code ? super 18 .... dont sound familiar. I will try to help you whit a garrett or oe code.

honz651

TDI
2006 jetta
OK I am new to this TDI game I have a 2006 jetta mk5? I want to upgrade my Turbo what is a bolt on good turbo to get I have a 1.5 Malone tune and want to jump to a 5 with the new turbo

cycleracer88

TDI
Polo 1.9 TDI ASZ PD130
2.0 BiTDI - 240PS & 500NM

low pressure turbo:

part number: 03N 253 020C

turbo: KKK B03/53A-0015 (wastegate)

high pressure turbo:

part number: 03N 145 401 D

turbo: KKK B01/35A-0009 (VNT)

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
I know it is offtopic, but as I think most people who write to me also look in this thread, please, please stop sending PM to me.

I have no time for answering endless numerous PMs regarding turbo stuff, in fact I have more than enough real life work in my workshop ;-)

These will remain unanswered.....

BR
Alex

IonutTurbo

TDI
Golf mk4 4motion
Something that no contains technical data but is very interesting to observe how turbo technology is progress :
GT2056V in year 2000 on 3L engine : 184cp (bmw)
GTB2056VK in year 2005 on 3L engine : 224cp (mercedes)
GTB2056VZK in 2012 on 3L engine : 258cp ( bmw )

soon we will have 300cp from GT 17 on stok cars ? :))

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Sure turbos are evolved but engines are even more so you have to remember modern diesel engines just need so much less air to reach higher power.

andy2

Veteran Member
TDI
13 Jetta,94 Golf drag car 585bhp,Samurai buggy BHW 300bhp,97 Ram cummins
Sure turbos are evolved but engines are even more so you have to remember modern diesel engines just need so much less air to reach higher power.

This is a very valid point ! Adding a newer turbo to an older engine will not yield the same results.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Yeah also oems are calibrating much more towards the edges of the compressormap. If you see old cars they usually only use the middle area a bit wheres modern cars go almost imediately to max speed isoline and follow that line. Therefore they also need to derate much sooner. For instance the volvo with gtc1444vz starts derating are 975 mbar already, thats below 1000 ft elevation.

Old or new engine doesnt really matter soo much. Volumetric efficiency might have gone up 1-3 % but thats its. A new engine or an old engine just just as soon reach max allowed T3 at high rpm or lambda/smoke threshold at spool area, and as newer engines tend to have smallest possible nozzle size they will generally inject longer at full load and therefore being more egt limited.

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
Hello guys, Anyone of you has information about 819976-0010, 11658570083 ? I just recive it today , i dont know waht is capable of. If you have info please let me know. Pictures :
That's the new'ish GTD1752VRK Ive been eyeballing. European 2014 BMW X3d, X4d, 520d etc. Very little info/specs available on them still here in the states. Honeywell/Garrett direct you to their master distrib's who don't even have specs or parts breakdown on them. Apparently Honeywell just released them into the aftermarket channel though, since they just began appearing on tuner/shop sites in the past few weeks (as opposed to strictly BMW over the part$ counter). ~$625 at ECS; http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2843752/

Turbo OE No: 819976-0010 Turbo Model: GTD1752VRK Vehicle OE No: 8570082E04 Fitted To Make: BMW Fitted To Model: X3d, X4d, 520d, Fitted To Engine: B47D20

GTD press release mentioned earlier in this thread: http://turbo.honeywell.com/whats-new-in-turbo/video/latest-generation-vnt-for-eu6-and-beyond/

Would still be nice to have someone *hint* *hint* :) confirm definitively if it has;
1) Ceramic ball bearings.
2) Billet compressor wheel.
3) Wheel measurements (Ind/Exd of comp & turb wheels)
4) Trim A/R specs.

EDIT: Scratch that - ECS says they can't get them & they're pulling the listing down. :mad::mad: ...here's another listing for ~USD$700; http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-212383-11658570083-genuine-bmw-part.aspx - Im guessing they think they're getting them from ECS :D

Last edited:

cobreti

TDI
1.9 TDI
Hello
I ask you for help. What the difference is in the turbine GTD2060VZ and GTD2060VZK?

I bought GTD2060VZK number 059145873AJ? Is this the same turbine at GTD2060VZ 059145873BB or BC ??