Turbo oil feed line

Kris1987

TDI
98 Jetta
Hey guys, my turbo oil feed line started leaking and needs to be replaced. Not quite spraying but it lost about 1/2 a quart in 70 miles home on road trip. I was looking online for a braided SS replacement and found one on darkside dev. My problem is I noticed stock hardline has one banjo fitting whereas the darkside one has two. Will this part still work, and if it is the wrong part where can I find the right one? This is the one I found on darkside. Its a 98 w/ AHU. Feed line runs from top of oil filter housing to turbo.

Car is my DD and I know its probably a mistake but I will continue driving it to work, as I have no other mode of transportation. Hopefully the line holds together enough until I can get a replacement. So any immediate help would be greatly appreciated so that I can get the ball rolling on ordering a part. Thanks in advance.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Since you're kinda pressed for time, I'd contact a local vendor or a hydraulic hose shop.

You need to know what turbo you have. Iirc, the gt15 is 10x1 and the k03 is 12x1.
The filter mount thread is 10x1.

-Todd

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
I did exactly as Todd suggests for my ahu. You can take the feed line off, bring to the local farm hydraulic place and have them make you one. Mine was $75ish if I recall correctly.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Is it rusted out or is it at the fitting?

If you need to splice an area, the 8MM line will accept a 5/16" compression coupling fitting. Gotta clean the paint off first, though. Any lengths that you need to patch in can be 5/16" OD copper until you get 'er done the way you want. Cut with one of those IMP mini tube cutters instead of a saw.

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
The 98 Jetta should be the K03 turbo. I HEAVILY suggest you find a ride to work or a bicycle to get around,as you got REAL lucky driving 70 miles. I lost quite a bit of oil the one time it split on my Jetta, and that was only about 8 miles to make it home. If that line decides to fail completely and you don't stop,say bye-bye to your turbo from oil starvation and maybe the engine also......

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
True, but as old as these cars are, who knows what may have been swapped on.

I have a post out there that mentioned what I used for my braided lines. Both were under $30 each, but the parts were purchased online. I was in no rush.

-Todd