Just saved this 2006 from being parted out

vwoval

TDI
2006 beetle tdi
Looks like I'm driving a tdi again use to have 2 2000s 1jetta (mine) 1 beetle wifes. Was a member here for many years till sold last car (http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6981)
I went to my local junkyard to get a part for my van and they were about to pick this up with a front end loader to part it . I stopped them and talked to the owner of the junkyard and since he had not finished the paperwork it still had a clear title and sold it to me . Because he is also dealer he has to put brake booster on it before I can take it. It only has 31306 miles on it family sold it to them because of owners death and them being in another state . If I had been 10 minutes later they would have started taking it apart and picked it up with the loader in picture he had not picked it up yet they had just test drove it and parked it there to be dismantled

Last edited:

2000alhVW

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf
Nothing in this story makes logical sense, but I'll take it at face value.
Glad you picked up a 2006 TDI with 31,306 (????) miles on it for scrap price!

vwoval

TDI
2006 beetle tdi
Couple lived in Florida husband died kids that live in p.a. I think told their mother (80+years old) to just get rid of the car son called junkyard asked if they would buy it . I was at the right place right time