WTB clean 2 Door Golf

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
WTB clean 2 Door Golf w/ electric windows / doors

WTB clean 2 Door Golf w/ electric windows / doors. West coast location would be great.

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I just bought mine but found another amazing one with power widowns. an 03 w/ only 12k mi.

The guy wants 12,500 for it. It's in Rubicon WI.

It will go fast. Do you want the info on it? check Craigslist for Rubicon WI.

Powder Hound said:
x2, but reasonably close to New England would be preferred. I still gotta sell the Jetta first though.

jaydogg007

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta TDI
Be sure you check out the blue book. That's a bit more than what I paid for my 03 Golf 2-dr 5sp that I just bought about a month ago. KBB.com estimates an "excellent" private party sale value as $11K.

j...

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I ended up buying this one,

Bone stock 2003, 2 doors, 94,000 Mi, Ultra clean body, mechanical perfect, interior need some work. Power doors and windows. $9,700

Last edited:

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I did a google search for "2 door Golf TDI craigslist" and under advanced, I specified the time frame of 1 week.

This gave me 2 door 3 golfs the entire country. I bought this one in VA after I got a local TDI guru to check it out.

Fletch63 said:
Where did you find this one ?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Nice! I think I need some new pics, the newest one I have online is over a year old and without the R32 bumpers.... :)

Harvieux

TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
tothemax said:
I ended up buying this one,

Bone stock 2003, 2 doors, 94,000 Mi, Ultra clean body, mechanical perfect, interior need some work. Power doors and windows. $9,700

OK, you paid $9700 for this prime specimen, right? What will the final cost really be once you pay for transport across the nation (or the time lost and expenses to go fetch and drive back) along with performing all the service/maintenance including bringing the interior flaws you specified up to our (club member's) standards? Get what I'm driving at? I know, *** do I know, eh? ;) Later!

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
It doesn't look like Max drives TDI's for the cost savings. :) Everyone's gotta have a hobby.
03 Jetta, RC5 , PP502's , 11mm IP, vnt 17/22, PD150 Intake Manifold & TIP, VR6 Airbox & MAF, Eurojet SMIC, 3 Bar MAP, EGR & Cooler delete, PD Lift Pump, B5 Oil Cooler, .681 5th Gear, 2.5" DP. SBC Stage 3 Clutch w. 21 lbs smf, Koni Sports w/ VR6 Springs, Front & Rear GLI Brakes.

Harvieux

TDI
ninedee_golf_tdi said:
Who cares, it's his money. Let him spend it any which way he wants to.
My comments were not aimed to criticize Max's decision to purchase this vehicle.

It may take a bit of thinking, remembering, or even searching in order to understand what I am referring to here, know whadda mean? ;) Later!

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
$850 to ship in from VA to my door... still have not even seen it in the flesh yet.

It's in perfect mechanical order but bone stock.

By the time I put in a PD150 crank, Rosten rods, ASV pistons, turbo, injectors, air mods, ported head, cam, larger pump, FMIC, HID's, Aristos, R32 trim, .... you can figure it out better than me how much that would cost.

Peace Out

Harvieux said:
OK, you paid $9700 for this prime specimen, right? What will the final cost really be once you pay for transport across the nation (or the time lost and expenses to go fetch and drive back) along with performing all the service/maintenance including bringing the interior flaws you specified up to our (club member's) standards? Get what I'm driving at? I know, *** do I know, eh? ;) Later!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Spending....

Not a whole lot different than buying any other used, stock, 100K (or less) TDI and facing the engineering calamaties that VW has bestowed on the masses in an unannounced manner. Need examples? Just ask...:rolleyes:

Nice lookng Golf, good luck with it.;)

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
tothemax said:
$850 to ship in from VA to my door... still have not even seen it in the flesh yet.

By the time I put in a PD150 crank, Rosten rods, ASV pistons, turbo, injectors, air mods, ported head, cam, larger pump, FMIC, HID's, Aristos, R32 trim, .... you can figure it out better than me how much that would cost.

Peace Out
Can I have your car when it's done? :D

Harvieux

TDI
tothemax said:

Peace Out
That's fine and dandy and I truly wish you the best in this proposed project. ;) My interjection was more geared toward displaying the total real cost of such a vehicle after all expenses along with some of the PIA tasks involved in such to bring her up to our standards (tdiclub standards) from a stock standpoint. Afterall, this is exactly what I have been doing for many years now. The hard part is doing this very same thing but, doing it in a way that a forbidden word around here called "profit" can be included into the mix.:rolleyes: Know whadda mean? Later!

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I don't want to know how much I've spent on my Golf, I'm in denial.
And of course I haven't even touched the bottom end....
Good luck Pierre, it's a fun road to travel!
-BB