Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

1.9ZOOK

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH Samurai
"Maybe we should peg the water price to the cost of diesel"
Romad

I'm for that idea.
With the almost 0 snowpack this year,I guess we can expect higher produce prices.

RUG is $3:20

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Wishing Diesel AND Gasoline will double

What you say?

Yes double. :p

As I drive only about 3,000 miles per year,

And I am doing the FIX, with the 11 year, 162,000 mile warranty,
My 2015 VW Golf TDi will (only) depreciate SLOWLY

... If fuel gets really high, (and stays there) I can see a future where my TDi holds at a resale of MORE than I have invested in it ~~ net - net - net

:rolleyes:

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
What you say?
Yes double. :p
As I drive only about 3,000 miles per year,
And I am doing the FIX, with the 11 year, 162,000 mile warranty,
My 2015 VW Golf TDi will (only) depreciate SLOWLY
... If fuel gets really high, (and stays there) I can see a future where my TDi holds at a resale of MORE than I have invested in it ~~ net - net - net
:rolleyes:
Put the pipe down.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
eh...

with the $8,000-ish coming from the "fix." ~~ my net net net cost in the TDi is $12,495.

MSRP = $24,895
Discount = $4,000
Delivered to Tulsa $500
VW credit cards = $900 -- I discounted one card $100
FIX = $8,000-ish

net = $12,495

:D:p:rolleyes::eek:
I was speaking to your wishing that the price of fuel would double. That's stupid. Some of us actually drive our cars and would like to keep fuel prices as low as possible.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
I was speaking to your wishing that the price of fuel would double. That's stupid. Some of us actually drive our cars and would like to keep fuel prices as low as possible.
We all have different issues to deal with regarding owning a car; and dieselgate

Example: Poor (beat to HE!!) conditioned Buy Backs made out like bandits.

So did the quite intelligent soles smart enough to buy TDIs from individuals and pocket thousands. :eek:

I read where one guy sold back more than 40 cars. Good for him! Hope he made a $100,000-ish :)

As for myself, VW was not paying me for PRISTINE condition, nor ULTRA low mileage.

As I am doing the $8,000-ish fix. And will welcome high (or) even very high Diesel prices.

My (net) investment is $12,495. When the time comes to sell it, the higher fuel is, the more my TDi will be worth. :D

In general it cost about 50 cents to own and drive a mile. (I have heard)

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Both WTI and Brent crude are down about $4/barrel so far in February, and the March contract for ULSD at NY Harbor is down 17 cents/gallon (and 20 cents from the peak on January 26th). The local rack price is down about 9 cents since last Friday.

I think pump prices will be "sticky" as always, but some stations will be more aggressive in cutting their pump prices. So it will be worth checking for the lowest prices in your area before you pay too much.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I do that on most tanks anyway. I then have to weigh the cost and time of getting to that cheaper station. Sometimes a 10 cents/gallon savings at the pump is not really worth it.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Filled up today for the second time since the diesel tax increase.

$3.59 per gallon for diesel!

On Jan. 22 it was $3.27 per gallon.

So from Jan 22 to Feb 8 price is up 32 cents per gallon and nobody is complaining.

But when there was a 18 cent per gallon tax increase - people whined, complained and try to pass a tax repeal. I just don't get it. Nobody wants to pay for better roads. But it is A-OK to pay the refiners a fatter profit margin.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Filled up today for the second time since the diesel tax increase.

$3.59 per gallon for diesel!

On Jan. 22 it was $3.27 per gallon.

So from Jan 22 to Feb 8 price is up 32 cents per gallon and nobody is complaining.

But when there was a 18 cent per gallon tax increase - people whined, complained and try to pass a tax repeal. I just don't get it. Nobody wants to pay for better roads. But it is A-OK to pay the refiners a fatter profit margin.
Filled up at a Propel pump in West Sacramento tonight: $3.599 For comparison, this pump is located at a Chevron station and Chevron diesel was $4.399.

Yes, I noticed that those stations that absorbed part or all of the 20¢/gallon Diesel fuel tax and the Diesel Sales Tax increase from 9% to 13% over the holiday season, have phased it in over the last 3 - 4 weeks.

Using the Propel price, those 2 increases on diesel added about 33¢ to the price, if you ignore the mandatory wage increase that went into effect 1 January. Factor that in, and diesel prices increased about 40-50 cents per gallon over the last 3 months.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Too much tax.... here is the link for the news on tax breakdown per liter of Vancouver gas back in 2016.

https://globalnews.ca/news/2712837/vancouver-pays-second-highest-gas-taxes-in-the-country/

Diesel most likely follows a similar tax pattern.
So it was about CAD 1.78 in taxes/US gallon.

California taxes/gallonDiesel in USD: 24.4¢ Federal + 36¢ State +13% sales tax

The sales tax is based on the price per gallon BEFORE state & Federal taxes PLUS the Federal excise tax (24.4¢/gallon). For example:

Price: $2.50 + 0.244 = $2.744 x .13 = 0.357. Add that to $2.744 and you get $3.001. Now add the state excise tax (36¢/gallon) and the total is $3.361 at the pump. Of that, taxes totaled $0.961

See https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/formspubs/l504.pdf

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
$2.43 for RUG and $2.85 for diesel at the local Speedway.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
I paid $5.40 a gal yesterday in metro denver for B100...I was told there is a 2-5% BD mandate in colorado in all diesel fuel sold, has anyone else heard this?
$5.40/gallon is about double the AAA average price for diesel in Colorado. So I have to ask, why would you pay so much?

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would pay twice as much if I could drive twice as far on a gallon of fuel. Otherwise, no.