www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Conversions

TDI Conversions Discussions on converting non TDIs into TDIS. More general items can be answered better in other sections. This is ideal for issues that don't have an overlap and are very special to swaping engines.

Old November 21st, 2017, 02:12   #76
Houpty GT
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Corrado
Fuel Economy: 56 avg.

The thermocouple for my EGT gauge has been dead for about 5 months. I ordered a new one from McNally today.

I like this little bracket that they are selling on FixMyVW.com

It's nice to see GTiTDi's hardwork and creativity making it in the world. He has the originals on his site for sale now.
http://www.schnellvw.com/parts/

Last edited by Houpty GT; November 21st, 2017 at 02:22.
Houpty GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 14:09   #77
G60ING
Veteran Member

After having both an ALH and AHU tdi corrado i found the fuel economy was better out of the ALH. The AHU harness is plug and play. That's why I suggest to combo above.
G60ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 14:12   #78
G60ING
Veteran Member

My buddy swapped a commonrail into his mk1 and loves it.
Old November 24th, 2017, 20:20   #79
brian_e
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50ish

Damn--schweet....
2001 Jetta TDI 5 spd w/clean intake; vent-ectomy, egr-ectomy, extded range key fob receiver, fuel sender mod; 3 spoke steering wheel; upgraded head unit; Malone stage 2 w/DLC 1016's, TRS HID's; 2015 Golf TDI SEL - no mods keeping it and the ca$h; 2010 Jetta TDI - waiting to be "repaired" then modded (chipped, deleted, and dieselgate mod deleted).
brian_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2017, 23:43   #80
Owain@malonetuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
Do go on Frank Still a rare swap and hoping to do one myself someday (fantasy pipe dreams of when I have infinite time). S&P has some stuff in the works, got a guy in rural Texas running one in his ranch Jeep, but haven't heard of many CR swaps yet.

Dealers - malonetuning.com/dealers
We made a free VCDS Log Viewer!

Owain@malonetuning is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 11:30   #81
Hasenwerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by G60ING View Post
That looks more like a 2004 to 2006 Pump Duse than a 2009+ Common Rail - still a nice motor though!

Fast Forward Automotive
Stand Alone Wire Harness Retrofitting and Accessories | Signal Converters, Gateways and Processors | Vehicle Speed Sensors | Malone Tuning
Hasenwerk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2017, 12:05   #82
G60ING
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasenwerk View Post
That looks more like a 2004 to 2006 Pump Duse than a 2009+ Common Rail - still a nice motor though!
you are probably right, I stopped paying attention to TDIs after 2003.
Old December 21st, 2017, 17:45   #83
Houpty GT
Veteran Member

My EGT thermocouple died back in July. I finally installed a replacement this week.

The failure was scary because it was telling me I was hitting 1850 degF on the interstate. I thought a nozzle could have been streaming but it was just the thermocouple. I checked it by looking at my injector balance with my old ISO-COM and it looked normal so I knew it was not a nozzle.

McNally really came through for me on service, above and beyond. Definitely, a positive referral for them.

I should be working on my car more now, unlike the last 2 years. I think 2018 is going to be a great year with hard work finally paying off and lots of changes in life!!!

Merry Christmas!
Old December 22nd, 2017, 07:32   #84
G60ING
Veteran Member

I've seen some of your posts on the vortex and I cant wait to see what you have cooking. I should be a few shows this coming year.
Old January 18th, 2018, 17:40   #85
Houpty GT
Veteran Member

There's a sweet deal on a 1991 blue Corrado with BBS rims and and 1998 Jetta TDI in Charleston if anyone is interested. I bet someone could bake something nice out of that. I can give you the contacts if interested.

My PP520 nozzles are worn out at ~190,000 miles. I have more smoke and my fuel economy average has plummeted to 52 MPG. I am planning to install some PP764's soon. My lady is going to be getting new PP520's on her Golf first though. What a lucky lady! That car is a dog with the automatic nozzles and a 10mm pump. That will be done this weekend. The Corrado with the stock turbo and pieced together intake, I am going to knock the fueling back until the SDI long runner intake and air to water intercooler go in. I think I will also do a GT20 turbo for improved efficiency and better top end performance while still limiting it to 20 PSI. I JUST WISH IT WAS NOT SO COLD HERE!