2006 Jetta TDI won't start

Jetta Jen

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI Platinum Grey DSG; 2006 Jetta TDI Blue Graphite DSG
Need ideas as to why car won't start. I've read previous posts and have some ideas, but not sure.

Two nights ago car alarm went off 5 times in one night. I checked and no one was trying to steal the car. I have no idea why the alarm went off repeatedly. I have to leave the car doors unlocked so the alarm won't go off again. Now, when I put the key in the ignition and turn just so that the dash lights come on, all idiot lights come on, including one that indicates both front doors are open, even when they aren't. At the same time, I hear a fast clicking sound behind the dash, as some dash lights flash at the same right. If I try to to start the car, nothing happens.

Is there a problem with the sensor that detects when a door is open, which was what was causing the alarm to sound? [Note that recently the left window one-touch up feature failed and seems to work intermittently.]

Is the alarm system now preventing the car from starting? I did not see from previous posts a clean way to disarm the alarm. Does anyone know how?

Need to get the car started, at the very least.

All ideas as to where to start are much appreciated.

Newby, JJ

D-Cell_Mekanick

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Honda Civic SE
Sounds like it possibly could be the wiring harness between the drivers door and the A pillar. You would have to remove the wiring loom, the accordion looking black rubber do-dad and look for broken wires. This is a common problem with these cars. If it's not that you will need someone with VCDS to look at it.

Good luck

Edit: also may consider haveing the battery tested.