Need some advice on Ireland car testing

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Hello,

I'm being transfered to dublin for work. My work will pay for a car to be shipped over and I'm debating on bringing my wife's golf as it still has all the emissions intact. My jetta would never past muster.

I am wondering about the national car testing and if it will keep me from using the golf since it has some upgrades. It has sprint 520 nozzles and a light tune. It also has the immobilizer deleted and has the light flashing for it. My headlight adjusters are missing knobs.

Any thoughts?

Finglas

TDI
03 Jetta gls 5speed
Hay man good look in Dublin not to sure about car testing but I think your good.Im from Finglas East in Dublin left there at 23 but my family's still there so I visit a lot your going to love it good look with the job

miningman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
You do know the steering wheel is on the wrong side over there don't you??? I'd be looking to get a major cash allowance to buy a vehicle over there myself.

Lurchalicious

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta TDI
Yes I do know its on the other side. I believe ill just sell one tdi here and buy a tdi over there since ill have all my tools coming with me

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
You do know the steering wheel is on the wrong side over there don't you??? I'd be looking to get a major cash allowance to buy a vehicle over there myself.

I think you'll find it's on the right side which puts yours on the wrong side :D

I think dublins laws are pretty much the same as the UK and that you'd be hard pressed to fail them with a car of that age.

Only thing I can think of is you might need to swap out the headlights due to the beam aim, yours will be designed to aim up to the right on dip whereas ours are designed to aim up to the left but they're cheap and there's loads of them.