Exclusive pictures of the new Golf mk5

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I wish more members would do this.

As for the car, it's lookin' a bit like a Renault to me, as in Clio. It's also got a lot of Japanese Kei class (600cc engined cars) to it's design....

All those compound curves have got to spell strong body shell though...

GotDiesel?

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
Beetle Go,

You're right. It does have sort of a Renault 5 Turbo look in the rear, at least from what I can tell from the drawings.

The front end is interesting. I wonder what's behind those three big openings at the bottom... perhaps what's there varies depending on engine fitment?

Eolair

Veteran Member
Actually the final Golf V isn´t finished yet. They don´t have a single prototype running. The drawings I´ve seen so far loook pretty similar although a bit more conservative: The front end was pretty much the same, the C-Pillar wider. Sorry, I can´t post pics, because I give my old editions of car magazines to a Friend, due to the lack of storage space

[ May 11, 2001: Message edited by: Eolair ]

hayden

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf
Most clioish rear quarter. The headlight and tailights just dont look right.. like they took a clio and then had to come up with something to make it different looking. I can already tell that the rear end will look much better in a photo or in person cause with the dead-on view, its hard to tell that the tailights follow on out with those extended rear quarter panels. Looks pretty good though. Now about those TDI engines. If the current TDI sales are of any indication to how americans will respond when gas prices go up some, and we can assume that in the hear future they WILL go up and stay up, then VWoA better get their act together. I am looking for a new tdi right now and it is rediculous. The dealer here is Savannah said I was the 3rd person that day looking for a golf tdi(it was early too.) He said they sold five in less than two days last week.. wow.

-hayden

francophile

That's true but I'm just sharing the information I have with our members.

By the way, we can expect three new
diesel engines for the Golf V:

- 2.0 SDI ( 70 HP) 4-cyl
- 2.0 TDI (136 HP) 4-cyl
- 2.5 TDI (175 HP) 5-cyl

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eolair:Actually the final Golf V isn´t finished yet. They don´t have a single prototype running.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isophorone

Veteran Member
They'll have it out by 2003? Is that Europe only or also North America? We are usually a year behind getting the new designs here.

Since we don't have the Renaults here, I can't comment on the similarities. However, I think some of the Hyundais are going for the same look in the rear.

francophile

They'll have it out in Europe by 2003. I don't know when they'll introduce the new model in your country.

Picture of the new Renault Clio

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Isophorone:
They'll have it out by 2003? Is that Europe only or also North America? We are usually a year behind getting the new designs here.

Since we don't have the Renaults here, I can't comment on the similarities. However, I think some of the Hyundais are going for the same look in the rear.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

RabbitGTI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
B4 Passat Sedan
GAAAAAKKK (puking). I hope that's not for real, it looks too much like an early 90's Civic. Gone is the boxy styling of the original Golf that was so nicely incorporated into the A2,A3 and A4.