P2002 OBD Code

Kramer3604

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
My engine light came on a few days ago and the code thrown was P2002. I had my DPF replaced last November when it was modified. Is it possible that it needs to be replaced again?? Could something else trigger this code? The DPF light has not come on. Any thoughts??

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Just what OBD says...
The causes for this DTC may include:

• Too much slow speed operation will cause this code. It takes heat in the 500c to 600c range to burn off the soot in the DPF. Even with the ECUs efforts in engine management, it has difficulty in creating enough heat to clear the DPF at slow engine speeds
  • An air leak forward of the DPF will change the sensor readings resulting in the code
  • Defective ECU strategies or components will prevent proper regeneration
  • Fuel with a large percentage of sulfur will clog the DPF quickly
  • Some aftermarket accessories and performance modifications
  • Dirty air cleaner element
  • Damaged DPF
If only there were a way to delete that puppy.:rolleyes:

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
If only there were a way to delete that puppy.:rolleyes:
If only there was a way to delete that puppy.... and keep the 10 year 162k mile warranty... and retain emissions compliance for those who are required to get annual testing (Stupid Nevada...)

Kramer3604

TDI
2011 Jetta TDI
Well, I do mostly highway driving and I don’t drive slow. I guess I can cross that one off the list. I get my fuel from the same place, so that’s probably ok. No aftermarket on the car. I will change my air filter. I did forget to mention that it also threw P0401 (exhaust gas recirculation flow insufficient detected). As far as the DPF, it that is bad then I would expect it to be covered by warranty. It’s less than a year old. Thank you for your input!!