Name that homemade tool!!!

Shenandoah

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon; 2005 Beetle; 2004 Jetta; 2002 Golf (three of them); 2002 Jetta Wagon; 2000 Audi TT->TDI; 1999 Beetle
The socket with the flat sides is used to replace alternator pulleys.

Eric

JFettig

Vendor
TDI
B5 Passat, 2010 Jetta
I hope those handles come off so you're not banging your head on them!

My favorite way to remove and install a transmission is by hanging it from an eye loop on the transmission - the one where the diagonal member bolts into behind the shifter tower. Its nearly the center of gravity.

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Truck bed to haul scrap metal? ;)
and that it does from time to time ;)
Engine support bar, with winches. Nice
winner !!
I hope those handles come off so you're not banging your head on them!

My favorite way to remove and install a transmission is by hanging it from an eye loop on the transmission - the one where the diagonal member bolts into behind the shifter tower. Its nearly the center of gravity.
i'll keep that in mind... right now i use a chain with a caribiner that bolts to one shift bracket hole and the empty hole by tbe starter
That is AWESOME Jim!
thank you sir :eek: built it about seven years ago when a customer requested an onsite trans swap in fort wayne IN ... had been doing them on a lift, but that was a nogo so came up with this for a shop floor install.... it worked so well and saved so much time i have not done a five speed swap on the lift since :D .... it will actually lower/lift an entire tdi drivetrain !!

runonbeer

Maintenance EnthusiastVendor
TDI
'00 Golf 02M, '10 Golf 02E, '02 UTE 02M
#69 is a B5 strut counter hold. I got some customer supplied struts with a 18mm nut and a different thread pitch than OE. It's been a while.

GCBUG00

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Beetle
Interesting, I just went 2 rounds with putting struts on my 2000. Just a note, some aftermarket strut shafts may not use the same hex key as OE. Made for some moments.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds

Not hard to tell what it is , but what was it?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Was a citrus juicer. :) My brake rewind tool from my Golf inner tie rod and nut and some scrap steel laying around.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Close enough. Its for dressing the injector seat in the head.