Name that homemade tool!!!

jimbote

Certified Volkswagen Nut
TDI
Tacoma 4x4 converted to TDI
Just thought this would be a bit of fun...post up the pics of your home built VW/TDI specific tool and give other forum members a chance to guess what it's function is...:D ...gonna snap some pics of some of mine manana and let ya'll have a go!!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e

These were my glow plug relay for a while in the Mk2. Is that a tool or a part? :confused:

;)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Home made ......... from used hack saw blades (Jimbote gave me the specs of the set in the background)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Not exactly a tool for working on VWs, but it sure makes the working conditions a lot better on hot humid summer days. This is a 220 volt 23,000 BTU window unit converted to a semi-central air set-up for my garage. The controls are on the wall inside...push and turn!:D

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
Here's some I use and they work very well too

Last edited:

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
17mm One armed "Hazet" Crowsfoot

A shiv turned into a camlock, extra rust in place of feeler gauges.

A 17mm Allen "Snub Key"

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner?
Yeh the shiv is a cam lock but it's not as rusty as it appears, just a bit of surface junk from sitting in a damp shed.

Snub key?

And don't be fooled by the ring spanner at one end in that pic, I've no idea what size it is and I've never used it as a spanner.

BKmetz

Administrator, Member #10
Staff member
TDI
2015 Passat, titanium beige, 6MT
Oh yeah, now here is quite a tool!

;):p:D:D:D:)

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
If I had a camera I would post the items I fabricated to undue the terminals from inside a wiring harness, but I now have the real thing purchased from Penclnck here on Fred's.
I filed down a large bobbie pin; tried a paper clip; and some metal strip I picked up off the street. I have made various hooks from metal rods to retrieve stuff as well as a magnet soldered to a piece of 12 AWG wire for hard too reach areas.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Not exactly a tool for working on VWs, but it sure makes the working conditions a lot better on hot humid summer days. This is a 220 volt 23,000 BTU window unit converted to a semi-central air set-up for my garage. The controls are on the wall inside...push and turn!:D

While incredibly creative, I have to ask - why didn't you just mount it in the wall of the shop?