05 Passat 2.0 TDI wont move

Rezzza

TDI
05 Passat 2.0 Tdi
Hi everyone my name is Zach and this is my first time posting on the tdi forums!

New to the tdi scene I recently traded a 96 ford ranger for an 05 Volkswagen Passat 2.0 Tdi diesel with and automatic transmission in it.

Car didn’t run when I got it. Need a fuel pump to get it going car runs great the guy I traded had receipts for new water pump, cv Axels, timing chain, and said it had a new torque converter on it.

When I I got the fuel lines bled and finally fired up it runs great but doesn’t shift into gear.
I can hear actuator clicking but it just rolls.

Throwing 2 codes:
P0811
P0730

Ordered a vagcom kit because the closest dealer is a very far drive.

Tried googling the issue and came up with the TCM and water leaking into the passanger side floor board.
Floor board was damp underneath but no signs of water standing and tcm was completely dry inside case and connector looked great and tested power on the connector and I did have power.

Can anyone point me in the right direction any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much
-Zach

Last edited:

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
Get another TCM. I had a Passat that water got to the TCM and it wouldn't go into gear. I found one with the same part # and plugged it in and all was good.

If you post the part # you need someone hear might have one. I paid $75 for the one I needed. Also look on car-part.com for one.