San Diego, CA to Portland, OR and back.

August

TDI
'09 Jetta Sedan
Me, my wife and our two boys drove 3300 miles, round trip, from San Diego to Portland.
We drove along the coast of California and Oregon as well as the Red Woods.
Our '09 Jetta was great on the whole trip. We averaged 39.4 mpg and racked up 60 hours of drive time.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
I've driven from SD to Eugene and back several times when I was in CA. All I gotta say is cali is a very long state LOL. Glad the 09 did you right! That torque in the Siskiyou pass is nice huh!

PeoplesCar

TDI
2009 Jetta
I did that trip back in '71 with my then new Datsun (now Nissan) 510. Camped all the way. Was really cool camping in the Redwoods. That coast road is a trip everyone might consider. Oh for the old carefree cruising days again.

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Just drove from San Diego to Seattle for an Alaska cruise. Took 19 hours driving time north on I-5.

Took more than a week going south along the Oregon and California coast.

Never get tired of this trip back to Southern California. I have done this any number of times since I was a child in the late 1950s, with my parents. Best weather was in January 1970 for my wife's 21st birthday.

Fabulous trip at any time.

Speaking of MPG, how is 28- 32 in a 2003 4 cyl Camery?

Anita does not drive a stick shift and would not let me take the B4V Passat that she could not drive.

JJ

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Just drove from San Diego to Seattle for an Alaska cruise. Took 19 hours driving time north on I-5.

Took more than a week going south along the Oregon and California coast.

Never get tired of this trip back to Southern California. I have done this any number of times since I was a child in the late 1950s, with my parents. Best weather was in January 1970 for my wife's 21st birthday.

Fabulous trip at any time.

JJ

Anita does not drive a stick shift and would not let me take the B4V Passat that she could not drive.

JJ

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
john.jackson9213 said:

Once you get on the freeway, just set the cruise. Doesn't matter what type transmission.

Doesn't she have to learn sometime?