Car/Baby Seat Recommendations

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
Well the board has been a little slow lately. I'm tackling a new dilemma. Finding a car seat for the upcoming addition.

Honestly there are so many options out there its overwhelming. For the Audi A6/A7/A8 owners I'd really enjoy your input. Really anyone with some words of wisdom are appreciated.

The one we have in mind is the Maxi Cosi Mico 30 but I'm not sure its the easiest to handle nor lightweight. Reason we like this one is the stroller uses the car seats and when a second kid comes along, you can pop on an addition to the single stroller to have two kids on one and only need to add a second car seat to the whole setup. Kinda interesting.

Let's hear it....

DieselDeeds

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 TDI S-Line + Black Optics Package
My wife and I got our Q5 because of our new addition. We have the Uppababy car seat, stroller, bassinet, and other uppababy proprietary stuff. It all works together and compacts easily. Check their stuff out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
We have two Graco 4ever all-in-one convertible car seats that we swap between the wagon and the Touareg. They only take a minute or two with the LATCH system. My wife and I each wore the children in baby carriers/slings and keep an umbrella stroller in the back.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
My wife and I got our Q5 because of our new addition. We have the Uppababy car seat, stroller, bassinet, and other uppababy proprietary stuff. It all works together and compacts easily. Check their stuff out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you both for input.

The Uppababy is almost identical to the Maxi Cosi. I'm hoping this one will work and we can be done searching. We tried the system out and it was easy plus lightweight. Just have to test it in the car but need it to stop raining for a day.

BobbyWires

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW manual, 1991 Syncro Vanagon, 2004 Audi A4 Avant 6man, 1990 Ford F250 351 "farm truck" 2014 Q7 TDI Sline
Been using the Diono Radian 3RXT which we all like, nice a thin so can put in the middle and not block seat belts.

3NEC CZ

TDI
2015 Q7 PP
Check it out Nuna, got Nuna Mixx stroller with Nuna Pipa lite car seat. Great 3 in 1 combo. Car seat is very light. We love it.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Recaro all the way friend. Its been in my 16 A7 and my wife's 17 CRV since day 1 of our little guy. They look the part and have been flawless.
Believe me I looked at them. Seems they even stopped making products for the USA. Have to get them through ebay/amazon now.

If its not at Buy Buy Baby where we can try it out the other half isn't looking at it.

She's got it in her mind she wants something that can be a dual system for the hopeful second one.

If it would ever stop raining in Chicago we try it out to see if this product fits my car. Basically a replica to the Uppababy.