(rns-510) dvd-a

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt
Experimented with some DVD-As in the RNS510 and the sound quality is amazing compared to an iPod or regular CD.

Anybody else tried this?

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Experimented with some DVD-As in the RNS510 and the sound quality is amazing compared to an iPod or regular CD.

Anybody else tried this?
I dont own any DVD-A's - but i Have noticed that the bluetooth audio is obnoxious (auto play) and sounds like ass (audio engineering technical jargon)

besides that, the stereo sounds pretty good....

:rolleyes:

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I burned 3 DVD with music videos with my IMac to play it on my RNS-510.
They works great and sounds wonderful.
Also saved a bunch of songs on the HDD and they sounds great too.

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
I burned 3 DVD with music videos with my IMac to play it on my RNS-510.
They works great and sounds wonderful.
Also saved a bunch of songs on the HDD and they sounds great too.
You can use Burn and some flac files to burn DVD-A on your iMac. Nice thing is you don't get the motion lockout because the system recognizes its audio only DVD.

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
I dont own any DVD-A's - but i Have noticed that the bluetooth audio is obnoxious (auto play) and sounds like ass (audio engineering technical jargon)

besides that, the stereo sounds pretty good....

:rolleyes:
I am not impressed with the bluetooth audio, on the plus side the Passat sounds better at bluetooth audio than my wifes Subaru Outback.

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
The videos plays great. They don't lockout because I have DVD working while driving with the software hack.so it is really nice plays videos, concerts, etc while driving...
Darrel, Do you active your DVD while driving?

Eatpasta, you can deactivate the autoplay for the Bluetooth.. Go to setup and des active auto play... I dont event play music thru it..

Last edited:

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I saw a black de-bagged TDI SEL parked on Allen crossing street mall (new allen dogpark) on Sunday..
I'm wondering is that was your car?

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
The videos plays great. They don't lockout because I have DVD working while driving with the software hack.so it is really nice plays videos, concerts, etc while driving...
Darrel, Do you active your DVD while driving?

Eatpasta, you can deactivate the autoplay for the Bluetooth.. Go to setup and des active auto play... I dont event play music thru it..
Ive been through as many menus as I can find.... no avail so far....

Kchorro

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
eatpasta, go to setup on the RNS-510 then media..uncheck the auto play bluetooth audio. and it will be done. No more auto music play from bluetooth without your permission.

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
eatpasta, go to setup on the RNS-510 then media..uncheck the auto play bluetooth audio. and it will be done. No more auto music play from bluetooth without your permission.
I went through all the menus again today - I think because I have the base car im missing some of the menus.... There is no disable autoplay function that i can tell