2002 Jetta 105,600

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Cant believe i'm selling this car! :( I'm going to miss her.
Check out my Ebay auction.
eBay item number:
I bought this car in 2004 with 36K from a friend who used it almost exclusively to travel from Ohio to Florida and back for a job assignment. This car has never been used as a daily driver. 90% of the miles have been for out of state trips. Best fuel economy 55MPG on 850 mile tank full. Always get 48-50 on trips with no effort to conserve. It’s only seen the snow once or twice and has been stored in a semi heated garage for the last 11 years when not on a trip. Crews control, lights, heated seats power windows, radio and all accessories’ work.
On the minus side it has some signs of age-very slight fogging on edge of head lights, some scratches in clear coat, small paint chip above rear fender, very small dimple in trunk, the typical interior issues with the glove box latch, some delaminating of cloth header in rear seat overhead area. All original paint and wheels and as you can see from the pictures still looks very nice for a 13 year old car.
I wouldn’t hesitate to drive across the county tomorrow in this car and have maintenance record I will pass along with the car. Below is a list of some of the important maintenance:
Regular full synthetic 5W40 on average every 5-7000 miles
Semiannual replacement of fuel filter.
Regular tire rotations, very even tread.
Removed and cleaned (decarboned acid bath better than new) intake manifold and EGR 72,000.
Timing Belt/Flush and fill VW Red antifreeze/Water pump/Auxiliary belt/ Front Break and Rotors at 79,154 (new belt is a 100K belt)
Rear calipers/ Break and Rotors at 100,000 miles.

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
KEEP the car... You will not find a better car! The car is just broken in.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Cant believe i'm selling this car! :( I'm going to miss her.
Check out my Ebay auction.
eBay item number:
I bought this car in 2004 with 36K from a friend who used it almost exclusively to travel from Ohio to Florida and back for a job assignment. This car has never been used as a daily driver. 90% of the miles have been for out of state trips. Best fuel economy 55MPG on 850 mile tank full. Always get 48-50 on trips with no effort to conserve. It’s only seen the snow once or twice and has been stored in a semi heated garage for the last 11 years when not on a trip. Crews control, lights, heated seats power windows, radio and all accessories’ work.
On the minus side it has some signs of age-very slight fogging on edge of head lights, some scratches in clear coat, small paint chip above rear fender, very small dimple in trunk, the typical interior issues with the glove box latch, some delaminating of cloth header in rear seat overhead area. All original paint and wheels and as you can see from the pictures still looks very nice for a 13 year old car.
I wouldn’t hesitate to drive across the county tomorrow in this car and have maintenance record I will pass along with the car. Below is a list of some of the important maintenance:
Regular full synthetic 5W40 on average every 5-7000 miles
Semiannual replacement of fuel filter.
Regular tire rotations, very even tread.
Removed and cleaned (decarboned acid bath better than new) intake manifold and EGR 72,000.
Timing Belt/Flush and fill VW Red antifreeze/Water pump/Auxiliary belt/ Front Break and Rotors at 79,154 (new belt is a 100K belt)
Rear calipers/ Break and Rotors at 100,000 miles.
I agree, you should keep that car and run it FOREVER! You likely won't find another, especially if you break it down into cost per mile! A paid off car that gets 50mpg!? Who cares if you have to put $$$ into it yearly to keep it running! Cheaper than a vehicle note on something that is STILL going to need repairs. GLWS although I think you should keep it!

Votblindub

Veteran Member
TDI
MK4 Jetta Wagon
I wouldn't sell that. It seems like it's too clean and is running well. I'm going to assume it's been fully paid for and the insurance is likely silly cheap on it.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Nice looking car! No reserve, brave man!

Good luck with the sale. I say keep it or hopefully it goes to another forum member.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That's a great car! They're very hard to find in that condition.

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Loooong paid for and unfortunately little opportunity to drive it. It sits in the garage most of the time and I'd love for someone who likes these cars to get the life out of it. Yes paying insurance that I'd like to save. I did have a reasonable reserve that's been met.
Current bid is $4500

Moesauction!

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2001 tdi 423,000 sold:[ , 2003 tdi 425,000 lower ryder hot rod 17/22 520rc southbend clutch. 2005 mercedes cdi 232,000 sold , 2003 7.3 ford 586,000 miles.
That one car we let get away lol.

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Hope so too...but I guess the market will decide.

Current bid:
US $5,600.00
Update with 8 hours to go:
Seller status: Your item has been bid up to US $6,100.00

Its all over at about 8 Eastern time on the 4th...just before the fireworks. :)

Last edited:

passatforbus

Veteran Member
TDI
97 jetta tdi 244k stage 2 Malone Bosch injectors, 98 jetta tdi 240k injectors.
4 minuets left at $7,300

passatforbus

Veteran Member
TDI
got cold feet eh?

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Congratulation to the new owner....bitter sweet!!! :):(
Went for $7300...
Nice to know if we take care of these gems they hold a bit of value...

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
Congrats! Guess I wasn't too far off;)....I hope the buyer follows through. Let us know if it does go through and if the buyer knows about TDI Club......

passatforbus

Veteran Member
TDI
Why is the buyers handle deerleg? Isn't that the same as the seller?never mind. ...brain fart

Last edited:

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Buyers are from eastern PA and if all goes as planed will pick it up Wednesday ...and yes they must know something about TDI's...they have 3 now and in our breef conversation referenced TDI club when trouble shooting a couple things over the years.

deerleg

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS 2002 Black
Sale is final and its on the rd to PA.
They showed up in a black 2000 Jetta with 250K and a lot of wear and tear on it and the contrast was stunning between the 2 cars, which made my worries about a few clear coat scratches seem silly :eek:....very happy buyers...but I'm gona miss her.