Will this funnel work for the topside DSG service?

flyboy320

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 e-Golf
Living in Canada our Walmart does not sell the funnel most people use, so I got this and would like to know first if the tube is long enough (same length as the one people use from Walmart), and if the end looks like it will fit in the DSG?

It does have an on/off built into the blue part.

sprinks

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta tdi (gone); now mk7 gti
Looks close enough. Tube is long enough. In my opinion, the part that really matters is that little tip at the end being able to fit down the fill port and it looks like it will. I think that's the same one i used and picked up from an autozone here stateside. As a warning: the on/off twisty bit is extremely weak.

flyboy320

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 e-Golf
Does anyone know what OD hose would fit snugly in the DSG hole so you don't get any leaks? The one I have pictured above has a tapered black plastic fitting that I'm thinking should be OK.

goodmonkey

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI, 2011 Touareg TDI
Does anyone know what OD hose would fit snugly in the DSG hole so you don't get any leaks? The one I have pictured above has a tapered black plastic fitting that I'm thinking should be OK.
I bought something similar at Wal-Mart, but the end isn't tapered. I just measured it at 12mm OD, and it worked great on a '12 Passat.

flyboy320

Veteran Member
TDI
2018 e-Golf
I bought something similar at Wal-Mart, but the end isn't tapered. I just measured it at 12mm OD, and it worked great on a '12 Passat.
OK, thanks for that. I just measured mine, and it's 14mm, so maybe a bit to big. Perhaps I'll buy a vinyl hose with a slightly small OD, last thing I want is to have the battery out and find that the hose won't fit in, can't just go to the store and get another size one if my car is apart...:D