05 B5 Passat TDI Upgraded

3 Diesels

TDI
09 Jetta TDI with Performance Chip 284,000 miles, 05 Passat TDI with Race Injectors & Performance Chip 302,000 miles& GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel 4x4 3/4 ton 179,000 miles, 2015 Passat TDI SE w Roof, no Nav, 6 speed.
The New Head, New AC Condenser, Rocket Chip and Recent Injectors, Clean Used Torque Converter and Timing Belt Kit - all in the last few months are worth far more than the $3,000 or reasonable offer. I will not hold this car until a deposit or the full amount arrives. I had this sold and the money never arrived. Lesson learned.

I'm selling my 05 B5 PassatTDI with 303,000 miles that I have owned since 30,000 miles and has been very well cared for along the way. Here are the specifics; good and bad:

Good:
Injectors replaced with a new head 10,000 miles ago. The injectors are rebuilt and a bit over size from this process.
The car has a performance chip installed at the time the head and injectors were installed at the suggestion of Dr. Volks - a master VW and Audi Mechanic well known in this area. The car is fast, runs great and was driven responsibly by me.
The balance shaft was replaced with a 10% larger gear and chain at about 150,000 miles. This pumps a bit more oil to the head.
New AC Compressor last month.
Used Torque Converter replaced recently from a clean car by Dr Volks.
I have always done the preventative maintenance and fixed whatever it needed when it needed the repair. There is no manual from 100k to 303k so I enlisted a top VW TDI Master Tech to work with me to keep this car in top mechanical condition.

Exterior is in great shape and the Interior is in great shape. Paint is very good with a small chip on the drivers door so surface rust about 1" square. Another small patch under the rear license plate.
Alloy rims with good tread - Goodyear Comforttech tires.
Many other parts changed along the way including the auxiliary fuel pump in the fuel tank, located under the carpet in the trunk. Yes, they do go.
I have the original window sticker and the VW booklet that came with the car when new.

The Bad:
Transmission Code PO733 for a brief time then the light went off and has not come back on again. This tranny was cared for with fluid changes every 40,000 miles. This is the 2nd tranny. The light went on once so I scanned it and got that code. The light is off now and it's good around town driving. I have parked the car and will trade it or sell it to someone that wants a great car if they want to drop in a 5 speed US or European 6 speed.

I had this sold and the money never arrived. Now I have time to sell this strong mechanically sound car with a great body and interior. I have purchased a new TDI and have 4 now so it is time to let one go to someone that appreciates a 05 Passat TDI in great condition overall.
I really hate to see this car go as it has truly been a great car! My new job pushes me into a new TDI due to the long distance travel and client meetings. Contact me if you are serious and we can talk about price to a good home.
It's best to email me at creativefunx@gmail.com or call me at 401 413 4671. I am on the road a lot and that is the fastest way to reach me.

Last edited:

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
This car is one of the cleanness and well kept I have worked on. He would fix any thing that was needed just do it he would say. It has a Rocket Chip tune in it.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I missed it too. Forum rules do state the need for an asking price.

Sounds like you have done a lot of work. What nozzles were installed into the injectors? Who did the installation?

Not clear on the oil pump, did you have the bsm deleted and install an alh pump with the oversize brm oil pump gear?

3 Diesels

TDI
09 Jetta TDI with Performance Chip 284,000 miles, 05 Passat TDI with Race Injectors & Performance Chip 302,000 miles& GMC Suburban 6.5L Diesel 4x4 3/4 ton 179,000 miles, 2015 Passat TDI SE w Roof, no Nav, 6 speed.
Bob Mann is going to manage this for me as I can't post pics. I need to move this in 24 hours or I will trade this. Asking $2,000. Balance Shaft was switched out by Jeremy Crafts of Chepatchet, RI email: jeremyTDI@yahoo.com. This was done 60,000 miles ago and has been trouble free. The color is Silver/Gray and the pics will be posted today.

3 Diesels

TDI
05 Passat TDI upgraded Must Sell 24 Hours

I have to reduce my cars as I am purchasing a new TDI so this needs to go in 24 hours. Bob Mann is the VW TDI / Audi Master Mechanic that has worked on this car.
I'm selling my 05 B5 PassatTDI with 303,000 miles that I have owned since 30,000 miles and has been very well cared for along the way. Here are the specifics; good and bad:

Good:
Injectors replaced with a new head 10,000 miles ago. The injectors are rebuilt and a bit over size from this process.
The car has a performance chip installed at the time the head and injectors were installed at the suggestion of Dr. Volks - a master VW and Audi Mechanic well known in this area. The car is fast, runs great and was driven responsibly by me.
The balance shaft was replaced with a 10% larger gear and chain at about 150,000 miles. This pumps a bit more oil to the head.
New AC Compressor last month.
Interior is in great shape.
Exterior is in great shape for the age. Paint is chipped on the drivers door so surface rust about 1" square. Another small patch under the rear license plate.
Alloy rims with good tread - Goodyear Comforttech tires.
A set of 4 steel rims with Blizzak tires used 1 season & 4 VW hub caps.
Many other parts changed along the way including the auxiliary fuel pump in the fuel tank, located under the carpet in the trunk. Yes, they do go.
I have the original window sticker and the VW booklet that came with the car when new.

The Bad:
Transmission Code PO733. This tranny was cared for with fluid changes every 40,000 miles. This is the 2nd tranny. The light went on once so I scanned it and got that code. The light is off now and it ****s good around town driving. I have parked the car and will trade it or sell it to someone that wants a great car if they want to drop in a 5 speed US or European 6 speed.

I really hate to see this car go as it has truly been a great car! My new job pushes me into a new TDI due to the long distance travel and client meetings. Contact me if you are serious and we can talk about price to a good home.
It's best to email me at creativefunx@gmail.com or call me at 401 413 4671. I am on the road a lot and that is the fastest way to reach me.

3 Diesels

TDI
Bob Mann of DrVolks has done the new head, the injectors and the Rocket Chip. Bob Mann can be reached at bobtec@comcast.net, his web site www.drVolks.com or by phone 781 588 3968. Bob knows this car intimately and would buy this from me if he could at this time.

CNGVW

Vendor , w/Business number
Bob Mann Auto, 111 High St, Pembroke MA 02359
TDI
Many TDI Jettas and a Beetle Race car run 2010 jetta tdi cup car build roadrace
Here are some of the pic. There are a lot more but I am having a hard time loading them. would of just no time to install a tranny

Last edited:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
$2k?

Excellent price. I would cross post this into the b5 forum. You'll find a buyer. I would come and get the myself if it weren't for that pesky border.

3 Diesels

TDI
Thanks a few said they were coming this weekend

3 Diesels

TDI
There is a deposit being mailed this week on the Passat TDI upgraded. Thanks for all the good helpful suggestions.

3 Diesels

TDI
Money never arrived. Now re-posting for sale.

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
If it wasn't so far I'd buy it and convert it to manual trans. Too far for me to consider i think.

3 Diesels

TDI
Thanks. Does anyone know where I can get a European 6 speed kit for this B5? I was told they are about $2500.

3 Diesels

TDI
Thanks I will read them.

3 Diesels

TDI
SOLD Thank You.