2000 Volkswagen Jetta GLS TDI - Diesel, Leather, 5 speed - TAMPA FL

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Time to sell the single best financial decision I've ever made in my life, what I call the Silver Bullet.

It's a 2000 VW Jetta TDI 4 door sedan with a 5 speed manual transmission. Grey leather interior, 45-50 mpg, very well maintained and fun to drive car ready for the next owner. The interior is very clean and in good condition (drivers side leather has some cracks, missing rear cupholder). Engine will outlast the next ice age. Exterior has a few dings and has paint fade on the hood, bumper and roof. That’s the worst thing about this car, the paint. No rust. 223,000 miles.Timing belt will be due at 250k miles. ABS light has been on since I bought the car and the code says the drivers side front sensor is bad. Of course, it has some wear and tear for being a 15 year old car with 223k miles.

All weather floor mats. No modifications other than a fumoto valve (which makes oil changes a dream) and the car has been perfectly maintained.

I have a spreadsheet that tracks all maintenance and repairs and maintenance. Oil always changes with Rotella T Synthetic and either Mann or Bosch filters. Tires replaced 20k miles ago with Cooper RS4 (I think) which have been the greatest set of tires I’ve ever bought. Lifetime alignment with Firestone which technically doesn’t transfer with the car but I bet you could fake it. Or if you’re local I’ll gladly stop by and get it aligned for you whenever you want.

I really love this car. 730+ miles a tank if you’re on the highway and it gets a lot of attention when people find out it’s a diesel. It has been really hard adapting to a conventional gas engine after the TDI. I miss the mpg, filling up once a month and sound of the turbo diesel…but it’s time to move on. Someone come take good care of this thing for me.

Price: $3650

Last edited:

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Items that have been replaced (other than routine filters/fluids) during my ownership:

Air compressor clutch, alternator, ball joints, brake pads/rotors (170k), control arm bushings, headliner, dipstick tube, glow plug harness, oil pan (was leaking), radiator fans, sway bar bushings, tie rod ends,timing belt, trunk lever, relay 109, rear view mirror switch.

Everything is documented in that spreadsheet.

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Also available are hitch mount, mud flaps, headliner roll (bought enough for 3 headliners worth), extra new fan, seat heater switches and a VAG COM.

Last edited:

DougInFL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5-speed (Greasecar), 2002 Jetta TDI wagon auto, 2003 F350 7.3 CC LWB (soon to be Greasetruck)
Free bump to the top.....looks nice and priced right. GLWS

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Price drop to $2800 while the A/C is not working. I keep replacing items and it still doesnt work. Appears to be a bad ground. Once I figure it out the price goes back up.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
I think you're probably priced about right, but I don't need another car, I have 2 too many already! Some patience will eventually pay off.

GLWS!

PH

Keven

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Sold. Than you VW and thank you TDIclub. 7 years of ownership and this car continued to impress. I hope my next car can save me 1/2 the amount of money the Jetta did.