Blue Driver?

JimMI

TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
I bought one about a year ago. Used it on a Chrysler Town & County to determine why the ABS light was coming on. Pointed me to the right rear sensor error, sensor wire had a small nick in it.

I also used on a Ford Fusion for some transmission error codes being set.

Used it on my new to me Passat TDI and it confirmed my thought that the driver's seat heater was not working, showed an error code saying it was broke.

It does not do TPMS diagnostics, I have TPMS errors on the T&C, no help but then they don't claim to support TPMS.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
If you're trying to decide between a BlueDriver and VCDS, save the $100 and put it towards the VCDS. It can do far more for your VW/Audi.

Having said that, the BlueDriver works great for what it is: a detailed code reader and troubleshooting device that can reset error codes for engine, transmission, ABS.

Alchemist

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 ALH Golf
If you're trying to decide between a BlueDriver and VCDS, save the $100 and put it towards the VCDS. It can do far more for your VW/Audi.

I already have VCDS, and it is great at what it does. The only problem with it is it only works on VW.

Having said that, the BlueDriver works great for what it is: a detailed code reader and troubleshooting device that can reset error codes for engine, transmission, ABS.

That is what I wanted to know. I am finding more other brands of vehicles showing up at my shop with ABS and Air Bag problems and need a diagnostic tool for them.

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
In that case, the BlueDriver will help tremendously. I use it on both of our diesels and it can give you a wealth of information.

And unlike the low-budget VCDS, it doesn't lock you to only several VINs.

bwk9087

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 Jeep JKU 1.9 ALH
Only problem I found with it, is that not every model is supported for all features. 2008 pontiac grand prix, abs not supported. Had to pick up a different scanner.