Houston TDI owners

ChimpanZed

TDI
2012 Jetta SportWagen
I like your additive strategy. FWIW, PowerService told me to use Diesel Keel year round in southeast Texas. Gelling just isn't an issue for us and DIesel Kleen apparently has a better Cetane boost.

I just came across a list of Love's truck stop diesel prices. I assumed that they'd be high volume and thus have good diesel, but discovered something interesting here (navigate to Texas):

http://www.loves.com/LocateUs/FuelPriceSearch.aspx

Most of the Love's in Texas sell B8-B10. A few are 100% petrol and even fewer are B5. Given that our TDI CR engines aren't supposed to run on anything higher than B5, I'm inclined to avoid Love's. I figured the Love's on I-45 at exit 50 would be my go-to station. D'oh!

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I like your additive strategy. FWIW, PowerService told me to use Diesel Keel year round in southeast Texas. Gelling just isn't an issue for us.

I just came across a list of Love's truck stop diesel prices. I assumed that they'd be high volume and thus have good diesel, but discovered something interesting here (navigate to Texas):

http://www.loves.com/LocateUs/FuelPriceSearch.aspx

Most of the Love's in Texas sell B8-B10. A few are 100% petrol and even fewer are B5. Given that our TDI CR engines aren't supposed to run on anything higher than B5, I'm inclined to avoid Love's. I figured the Love's on I-45 at exit 50 would be my go-to station. D'oh!
Just fill 1/2 at Loves and 1/2 elsewhere..

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
I like your additive strategy. FWIW, PowerService told me to use Diesel Keel year round in southeast Texas. Gelling just isn't an issue for us and DIesel Kleen apparently has a better Cetane boost.

I am more concerned about the PS controlling water than boosting cetane.

chriscav

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Another new TDI owner here. I've learned a lot from the forum so far and hope to keep learning and contribute as I learn a bit more! Enjoying the torque band so far. 2012 Jetta Premium w/DSG Platinum Gray.

Passat's (2) GTI, Golf, a Fox and a Scirocco (way, way back in time) are in my past. Been without a VW for several years now and had the itch to get one again and could not resist the lure of the diesel.

ahodge1

TDI
Silver 2006 Jetta TDI w/DSG Package(0)
Does anybody know of a good mechanic here in Houston for our TDI's. I'm ready to do a timing belt on my 06 Jetta BRM and I don't want to go to the dealer. The only dealer I trust so far is Jersey Village but I have the parts now that I ordered from idparts a week ago and doubt the dealer will be willing to use my parts. Looking to use a mechanic I have used before on other cars...Precision Designs on the Hardy Toll Rd. Any suggestions?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Does anybody know of a good mechanic here in Houston for our TDI's. I'm ready to do a timing belt on my 06 Jetta BRM and I don't want to go to the dealer. The only dealer I trust so far is Jersey Village but I have the parts now that I ordered from idparts a week ago and doubt the dealer will be willing to use my parts. Looking to use a mechanic I have used before on other cars...Precision Designs on the Hardy Toll Rd. Any suggestions?
Go see Christian at:

http://www.vdubautohaus.com/

ahodge1

TDI
Silver 2006 Jetta TDI w/DSG Package(0)
Thanks aja888! Talked to Christian same day as your post, and just had him do my timing belt and waterpump yesterday. Excellent service, reasonable price! Can't say enough about him! Finally, a mechanic I feel I can trust in Houston! Would recommend him to anyone! Why hasn't he been listed on the trusted mechanics thread yet?

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Thanks aja888! Talked to Christian same day as your post, and just had him do my timing belt and waterpump yesterday. Excellent service, reasonable price! Can't say enough about him! Finally, a mechanic I feel I can trust in Houston! Would recommend him to anyone! Why hasn't he been listed on the trusted mechanics thread yet?
I'll try to get him listed (I'm not sure how to do it but will try).

Tony

sandmanx

TDI
2012 Golf 6M
I'm in League City. After years of sort of looking for a TDI, I decided to buy a new one a couple of weeks ago. This is my first VW, and my old daily driver is a 2000 F150 5.4L. I'm really enjoying the better performance, cornering, and vastly better mileage of my Golf.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
what are the latest plans for the next GTG? was reading last years and was ready to commit then read the date, bummer.

Alyson

TDI
2011 Golf
I'm in southeast Houston and have been driving around in my Golf TDI for almost a year now and I love it! Hopefully there is going to be a local get together. I would like to meet some of you I might have seen out there on I-45.

FordGuy100

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI
My wife and I are headed down to H-town, so I will be an official member. Reside in the Stafford/Missouri City area, she works in Missouri City, I will be going to UH main campus.

vwautoworks

TDI
no tdi anymore passat and audi tt now...
gtg at 18420 hwy 3 77598 on July 1st 6 pmish pizza and drinks bring ur vw!!!!!!!!!! yay i finally get to have my gtg i hope yall all come out its my birthday and i want to see lots of ppl out here. the vw scene is dying in houston lets make this happen for all the vdubs out there

Last edited:

vwautoworks

TDI
yep there we are i hope yall come see us let me know if you can make it i posted it on vortex and hvwc toooooooo

Last edited:

Burning Oil

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Hey Ali! This is Leroy with the 2004 TT. Did I miss it, but what date are you planing on the GTG?

Be nice to see your car to David.

EDIT: sorry just read up further July 1st 6pm. Thanks.

Last edited:

vwautoworks

TDI
hey leroy

its on july 1st at 6 and i would like to see u there if u want just come by and chat anytime as always i hope you can make it

vwautoworks

TDI
nope

we will have the shop set up so no one is out in the rain working on getting everything clean and ready for yall cant really show cars but ppl can still meet others and talk and share ideas again everyone is welcome thanks for ur reply:D

vwautoworks

TDI
thanks for coming

it was fun yall were really cool to talk to seeing as i dont get out much. thanks to u too dj i liked meeting yall

Ashleigh2006

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 TDI and 2001 Jetta TDI (278k miles)
Northwest Houston/Harris county

Hey guys, I am a new Houston tdi owner (2001 Jetta tdi with 255k miles). I'm actually originally from Houston, but moved to the Dallas area in 2001. I am now headed back down for a teaching job and would love to find VW/tdi gurus in my area! My boyfriend, redneck truck here on the forum, is an awesome VW/tdi guy and since he's not in Houston with me, I'd like someone with some tools and space that could help me out if anything crazy happens while I'm here :) can't wait to meet y'all!

Does anyone here go to cars and coffee? We have one up in Dallas and I want to know when/where they are in Houston.

Last edited: