www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old June 10th, 2014, 07:14   #1
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Default What tune for Sportwagen DSG?

Just picked up my first DSG/automatic TDI in the form of a 2010 Sportwagen. High-ish miles on it at just under 150,000.

I have been to the moon and back with ALH and power modifications, but I have no idea what I should do to this new common-rail. It isn't too bad power wise in stock form, but, the there seems to be a power-delay when first accelerating & the DSG doesn't like that. I loaded it up with stuff over the weekend (picked up one of those 44" tool chests from HF on sale, really nice box!) and with A/C on I could tell it was struggling to make enough power to hold gears on moderate inclines.

I'm worried about changing anything on this car, honestly, but if I could at least take that lag away it would be worth it. I'm especially worried about the DSG transmission - I don't want to need to replace clutch packs in a month because I went with too big a tune. What can I do to this thing?
Current Diesels: '17 Canyon 2.8L DMax, '15 Jetta, '15 Beetle Convertible, '11 R350 BT // Past: 15' Ram ED, '13 NMS, '10 JSW, '10 Jetta Sedan, '07 R320 CDI, '06 E320 CDI, '03 Wagon, '00 Golf 2-Dr, '00 NB (Yellow :-)
Stop Hunting for Torque Specs - Get A Free IDParts Torque Spec Poster Today!
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2014, 07:34   #2
AARodriguez Corp.
TDIClub Enthusiast
Vendor
w/Business number

I can help you with that, you'll love that car and you'll still pass all emissions testing.
Old June 10th, 2014, 10:47   #3
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

I know that there are options, but I want to hear more feedback and recommendations. Who has a DSG Sportwagen that is chipped? How many miles have they had it chipped, whats the fuel economy, was the boost in performance worth the money spent?

And what is a DSG tune anyway?
Current Diesels: '17 Canyon 2.8L DMax, '15 Jetta, '15 Beetle Convertible, '11 R350 BT // Past: 15' Ram ED, '13 NMS, '10 JSW, '10 Jetta Sedan, '07 R320 CDI, '06 E320 CDI, '03 Wagon, '00 Golf 2-Dr, '00 NB (Yellow :-)
Stop Hunting for Torque Specs - Get A Free IDParts Torque Spec Poster Today!

Last edited by cevans; June 10th, 2014 at 10:56.
cevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2014, 12:04   #4
skinnyb
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 JSW TDI
Fuel Economy: Slightly north of 40 MPG

Andrew did mine at 16K (2013 JSW, DSG) and I just passed 38K this week. I have the 1.5 and DSG tune and love it. My only problem with mine is traction in 1st and 2nd gear with the stock 16 inch tires and wheels... The DSG tune is alone worth it minus the engine 1.5 tune. Andrew can elaborate but mine shifts much smoother and at lower RPM's so it stays in the meat of the power band when accelerating briskly... Also it now shows what gear I am in all the time now which is nice...

The power increase (mainly torque) is really good. I ran a newer Dodge Ram with a Hemi up in the weeds the other day when he tried to accelerate around me as his lane was ending and cut me off... You don't expect that out of a VW wagen

Also fuel economy if anything got better. Bonus
Old June 13th, 2014, 19:20   #5
cooper426
Veteran Member

Hi I have a Sportwagen DSG with 235KM on it. I have had the Stage 2 with DSG flash since 140KM. Everything is holding up good, only had issues with my timing belt letting go a little after getting tune, but otherwise original turbo ......
2014 Touareg TDI Execline.2001 Golf TDI 2.0L, BHW pistons,GTB2056VK(34psi),Rosten I Beam rods, Malone Stage 5,ARP Head bolts, Whitbread Ported head, Colt Stage 3 Cam, SBC Stage 3 SMF,PD150 intake & Race pipe, 2.5 DP,11mm pump, PD lift pump, Race 520 Nozzles, 1.8T Pancake pipe,Large SMI, 4 Bar map
cooper426 is offline   Reply With Quote