www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old November 11th, 2017, 17:07   #916
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default Fluidampr

Per 3L3M3NT's suggestion, I purchased and installed the Fluidampr viscous torsional dampers (harmonic balancer filled with silicone). Though it might be good for the longevity of my modified engine, it didn't really help with the vibration within the cabin that I've been experiencing since June.

This picture shows the TDC mark.

Installed; I used blue thread locker on the bolts. Kinda cool that the extra hole in the Fluidamper shows the VW symbol. Never knew it was there before.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
1970 VW Type 3 Squareback - Cobalt Blue (Birdie)

Last edited by rocketeer928; November 16th, 2017 at 13:14.
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2017, 20:55   #917
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

I thought it would have done the trick to smooth things out for you. What dogbone mount do you have installed?
One last thing to try before you remove the dogbone, would be to increase the idle of your car to 1000 to 1050 rpm.
RTDI Build Thread
October 19th,2019 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI
3L3M3NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2017, 14:12   #918
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

It’s a new OEM dogbone and I never indicated that I was going to remove it . I fail to understand how increasing the idle RPM will help when I feel the vibration at all RPMs while both at idle and driving .

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
Old November 15th, 2017, 18:14   #919
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Tonight I removed the Panzer skid plate and dogbone mount, and then drove the car for a short while to see/hear what happens. The vibration was MUCH, MUCH WORSE. I didn't go far, turned around, reinstalled both the dogbone and skid plate, and the annoying vibration was back to what it was before.

Yup, I've wasted a lot of money and time on this vibration issue. On the separate thread that I started on my vibration issue, it seems Franko6 is suggesting that I purchase a new OEM passenger side mount and installing it with the expectation that that is causing my vibration issue.

Franko6 also stated that the Fliudamper was a waste for my car, but at this point I'm not inclined to removing it after spending 400 bucks on the part.

yo
Old November 15th, 2017, 20:14   #920
jsrmonster
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Default rocketeer928 - My 2003 VW Jetta TDI

If you vibration is always present, might consider checking compression, and maybe try another set of injectors. I have also seen similar vibrations caused by clutches, drive shafts, half shafts, bent cranks, burnt exhaust valves, eroded pistons (too much h20-meth,), wiped cams (not here), and obvious bad/broken motor mounts. Your mounts seemed too tight for a Tdi as I recall. Might just install some old ones for kicks. Jeff
15 Golf SW DSG, 00Jetta 6spd race, 99.5Jetta Rocket ARL-PD150 6spd 2260, 2003.5 5.9L Cummins QCLB 4x4 Blue Monster, 00Passat1.8T, other tdi's: 97J, 98J, 99.5J2x, 00-C5 6spd - EFILive, HPTuner, Diablo Sport!
Never argue with an idiot.They will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
The beatings will continue until the morale improves!
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement !
"DIESEL TUNING PROFESSIONAL" 1-5-3-6-2-4=;-)

Last edited by jsrmonster; November 15th, 2017 at 20:18.
jsrmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2017, 05:00   #921
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Hi Jeff - You'll see in my vibration issue thread (http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=481451) that Franko6 had me perform a compression check, and all checked out OK. Next, he took a look at my Bosio PP764 nozzles, determined they were junk via failing pop testing and very poor balancing, and then sold me the Firad 502 nozzles. Between the new nozzles and the Colt Stage 2 camshaft, this is the reason I had you tweak my RC5 tune as part of the Michigan GTG.

yo
Old December 15th, 2017, 05:01   #922
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I've had my Jetta TDI for a decade this month. When I bought it I was clueless to this engine's real capabilities. Through TDI Club my learning curve was steep and my cash was fleeting due to numerous modifications.

I remember that the OEM intake was full of soot, so the first modifications I did were an EGR delete and a Panzer skid plate.

yo
Old December 16th, 2017, 14:37   #923
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default Dieselgeek Deluxe MK4 Shifter Bushing Kit

Today I installed the Dieselgeek Deluxe MK4 Shifter Bushing Kit. I'm expecting less shifting slop, less muscling into first gear, and a happier wifey when I let her drive my TDI.

The videos from Jim at Dieselgeek are extremely helpful.

yo
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:32   #924
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default New Stereo

This week I installed a new Pioneer AVH-X391BHS stereo.

Why would I do that considering my TDI is 15 years old? When I first bought my car 10 years ago and also got my first iPhone, I installed the VW podcast adapter onto the Monsoon stereo.

I listen to a lot of talk podcasts and other stuff via Bluetooth, especially since the radio reception is really bad with these cars. Well, with the latest Apple iOS software update, my iPhone would no longer recognize that VW podcast adapter.

It's only been a couple of days, but I like the new stereo. I can listen to my podcasts and use Pandora a lot easier now. I haven't tried a DVD, but I'm not inclined to watch a movie while driving anyway.

I got the stereo from Crutchfield and had them do all the wiring connections. I just had to install, which was a chore because of the extremely tight fit and having to remove the glove box to feed a microphone wire to make/receive calls and USB-to-FireWire for charging the iPhone.

Next possible maintenance item is to have a new headliner installed because it's sagging badly. If/when I have that done, I'll have a new antenna base installed to hopefully fix the radio reception problem.

yo

Last edited by rocketeer928; January 5th, 2018 at 09:35.
Old January 5th, 2018, 09:44   #925
ssaric1.9TDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40's

Great looking car I love the color. Keep up the good work as I like to read this post over and over.
Old January 5th, 2018, 13:30   #926
goodmonkey
Veteran Member

I can't blame you for updating your radio, even on a 15 year old car. You can do much more now with them than you could even 10 years ago. Except for the 2012+ cars I've owned, I don't think I've ever left a stock radio except for what I've had in my Silverados. Even now I wish there was a good/easy way to maintain all the extra Bose stuff in my 2007 2500HD Classic, but I'm a generation too old it seems.
Previous TDI's: 1996 Passat TDI- totaled at 394k miles, 1998 Passat TDI - 175k miles, 2012 Passat TDI SE - 41k, 1996 Passat TDI Variant - 327k, 2014 Jetta SportWagon TDI 6MT - 29k, 2015 Passat TDI SEL - 18k, 2006 Jetta TDI 5MT - 261k
goodmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2018, 18:09   #927
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Default New Headliner

Last week I had a new headliner installed for $320 at Auto Interiors & Design in Lake Bluff, IL. I thought the price was good and the headliner looks great. I had the guy install my new antenna base, so my stereo reception is now better.

yo
Old February 4th, 2018, 10:16   #928
Cptcrnch
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928 View Post
Last week I had a new headliner installed for $320 at Auto Interiors & Design in Lake Bluff, IL. I thought the price was good and the headliner looks great. I had the guy install my new antenna base, so my stereo reception is now better.
Dang that's a great price. I need to have my headliner (currently held up with matching grey push pins lol) but the quotes have been way more then $320 (closer to $600). The headliner isn't super high on the priority list right now but it still bothers me every time I see the pins holding it in place.
Old February 4th, 2018, 14:16   #929
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928 View Post
What material did you go with to re-cover your headliner?
RTDI Build Thread
October 19th,2019 Cruise/GTG in Sturgeon Bay, WI
3L3M3NT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2018, 05:23   #930
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I let the installer pick the light gray material that matched the A-, B-, and C-pillar material, as well as the foam material. Looks great and excellent match. Not only was the main headliner replaced, but also the headliner material for the sunroof opening.

yo