www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old September 11th, 2019, 08:29   #8026
ottoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoRed View Post
Picked up four Bridgestone Blizzaks today, 195/65R15, 91H, for $291including tax (saved $40 by picking them up myself at TireRack's Roseville distribution center).

And there's an $80 mail-in rebate, so my final cost will be $211. Also comes with two years of free Road Hazard Protection.

Limited supplies, so I presume limited sizes too.
This is an awesome deal, thank you! I'm picking mine up this weekend.
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2019, 10:27   #8027
ottoman

I will be replacing the clutch in my MKIV Jetta in a few weeks. Just about to 250k miles and the throwout bearing is starting to rattle more than I'm comfortable with. I have all the parts and bolts needed but don't yet have a flywheel holder or triple square bits. I'm wondering if anyone near Bloomington, MN, has these and would be willing to borrow them to me for a weekend?
Old September 11th, 2019, 19:16   #8028
JFettig

a standard box wrench works for holding the flywheel, put a transmission bolt into the block thru the box end and put the open end up against a dowel pin.

Don't bother with the local auto parts tripple squares, you'll probably round them off.
JFettig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2019, 02:25   #8029
02tdivw
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 Golf Tdi
Fuel Economy: 4.2-6.5 L/ 100km

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
I will be replacing the clutch in my MKIV Jetta in a few weeks. Just about to 250k miles and the throwout bearing is starting to rattle more than I'm comfortable with. I have all the parts and bolts needed but don't yet have a flywheel holder or triple square bits. I'm wondering if anyone near Bloomington, MN, has these and would be willing to borrow them to me for a weekend?

pm sent
02tdivw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2019, 21:14   #8030
DivineChaos

soo... I unfortinately killed my jsw. Hit a deer with the headlight while doing 70. Total loss. Thankfully i got gap insurance. Also i think something was weird with the ecu. sparratic Comminucation errors with so many things. INS wants 1500 for it. be a really good parts car. Took the radiator out so it cant be driven. it only took out bolt ons. still straight structure wise. So now i will have a red mk6 jsw with a pano roof.

Last edited by DivineChaos; September 12th, 2019 at 21:16.
DivineChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2019, 15:45   #8031
bigkahuna360
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 52MPG

So I’ve disappeared for quite a long time now, but I’m finally building up my ‘02 Jetta again after throwing a rod. The engine work just got finished, timing belt on order, tools are on the way, just need to pull out the last bit of money to pay for it all. Anything I should be looking at doing? I believe I’ve listed off everything I’ve done.

Mod list:
11mm fuel pump
DLC1019 (stage 3 flow) -May be replaced in the future
PD150 intake
Colt Cam Stage 3
CX Racing FMIC
GTD1752 vacuum converted
3bar MAP
BHW Pistons (so I’ll finally get to have that 2L goodness)
Rosten Rods
Peloquin LSD
SBC Stage 3 Endurance w/ 21lb flywheel
Malone Stage 4 Tune
BHW oil sprocket mod

Other Mods:
3DMFD Cluster (I absolutely love this thing)
Oil temp, quality, and level gauge in pan
Outside temp sensor
AEM Boost gauge and EGT gauge
.658 5th gear
Full turboback straight pipe

Last edited by bigkahuna360; October 2nd, 2019 at 17:15.
bigkahuna360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2019, 16:02   #8032
ottoman

You'll need to forgive me, but what is the 3DMFD cluster?
Old October 2nd, 2019, 16:06   #8033
bigkahuna360
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
You'll need to forgive me, but what is the 3DMFD cluster?
A beautiful creation that replicated an MK7 cluster.

https://instagetter.net/tag/3DMFD
Old October 2nd, 2019, 18:44   #8034
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

oh, that's the russian one right?

Looked into that a while back as additional instrumentation
would be really nice to get airmass, IQ, injection timing, and other measuring blocks on the MFD

IIRC they let you display actual measuring blocks and not just the very limited information available by generic OBD scanners like the scangauge
[486] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2019, 19:13   #8035
bigkahuna360
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
oh, that's the russian one right?

Looked into that a while back as additional instrumentation
would be really nice to get airmass, IQ, injection timing, and other measuring blocks on the MFD

IIRC they let you display actual measuring blocks and not just the very limited information available by generic OBD scanners like the scangauge
Made by Eduardo Diaz, a very economical and IMO better option than ColorMFA. For what I wanted, this cost me half as much as the MFA would have. I didnít really look into what *all* it could do, but it has been amazing for the period of time I was driving with it.
Old October 13th, 2019, 12:14   #8036
Stan TDI
Veteran Member

Thumbs up Any interest? Please send me an offer.

Hi everyone,

My son wants to get sell his 2001 GL Jetta TDI. There are 260k miles on the car. We got the car in 2016. Clean title.

Here is some maintenance history:
- 6/16 236k miles: Timing belt, VR6 clutch, new VNT-15 turbo, stainless braided turbo oil feed line, suspension and steering refresh kit, oil pump replacement, flush brake fluid, coolant temp sensor, oil cooler orings, oil cooler flange gasket, all filters (cabin, air, fuel, oil), TDI heater, skid plate and new aftermarket headlights.
- 3/17 244k miles: change oil and filter; new oil cooler o-rings
- 12/16 240k miles: Bosio DLC 1019 ULSD rated injectors including calibration
- 8/17 247k miles: rear axle bearing
- 6/18 254k miles: all filters

Here is the not so good news:
- The body has rust especially the front fenders.
- The interior is not in the greatest shape.
- 2 of the tires leak air. When we put the new tires on the rims we did not replace the valve stems. My guess is valve stems.
- windshield is cracked.
- car has been sitting since June. The battery is dead and will not recharge it seems.
- there is an oil leak from the oil cooler area. We have replaced the orings a couple of times. I have the oil cooler flange gasket and will provide this with the car.

You can boost the car and take it for a test drive. The car runs very well. The engine is solid. This car will drive for many years to come.

If you have any interest, please PM me and we can set up time for you to view the car. THe car is in Burnsville. Or PM me an offer and I can review it with my son.

Last edited by Stan TDI; October 13th, 2019 at 12:16. Reason: added car location
Stan TDI is offline   Reply With Quote