www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Future TDIFests

Future TDIFests Discussions about future TDIfests

Old August 14th, 2019, 09:43   #61
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Come out west, Tomo! It's lovely here.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:06   #62
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

not.....actually went to Seattle last Fall....
2015 Jetta TDI SEL Tornado red
2014 BMW 328D XDrive Glacier Silver
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black!
tomo366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2019, 20:39   #63
Matt-98AHU
Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor

Fuel Economy: Depends on which TDI :)

Facebook groups are plenty active, but the format leaves a lot to be desired as far as organizing and finding information.

But the ease of access and active notifications on your mobile device makes it far too easy to stay connected to that format and that seems to help keep those more active.

I was made a moderator on one of those pages and help add dozens of people a day to the group. 28,000 and counting more and more rapidly in recent weeks.

But, I don't see any sort of GTG organizing from that chaos.

Some kind of GTG in Colorado is a great idea by rotary kid. It's the middle of the country, it's a long drive for us coastal dwellers, but it's worth it. A drive through parts of the Rockies is definitely a great experience. Some of the most scenic bits of our country you'll ever come across. And you want to see what elevation does to your cars performance? Just drive across the state on I-70. You'll eventually top 11,000 feet.
Old August 18th, 2019, 13:13   #64
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-98AHU View Post

Some kind of GTG in Colorado is a great idea by rotary kid. It's the middle of the country, it's a long drive for us coastal dwellers, but it's worth it. A drive through parts of the Rockies is definitely a great experience. Some of the most scenic bits of our country you'll ever come across. And you want to see what elevation does to your cars performance? Just drive across the state on I-70. You'll eventually top 11,000 feet.
I'm in if somebody else organizes it! My Turbo IDI needs a road trip!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
vwxyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 14:24   #65
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyzero View Post
I'm in if somebody else organizes it!

To quote William Shakespeare: "ay, there's the rub". Everybody wants a GTG but nobody is able (or willing) to organize it. This has been the problem for years.

Have Fun!

Don
Old August 18th, 2019, 14:33   #66
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
To quote William Shakespeare: "ay, there's the rub".

Don
The merchant of Venice I presume?
Yeah, that's the rube! LOL

Old August 18th, 2019, 14:38   #67
JSWTDI09
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwxyzero View Post
The merchant of Venice I presume?

Actually Hamlet.
Often misquoted as: "Therein lies the rub".

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited by JSWTDI09; August 18th, 2019 at 14:41.
JSWTDI09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2019, 15:05   #68
vwxyzero
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWTDI09 View Post
Actually Hamlet.
Often misquoted as: "Therein lies the rub".

Have Fun!

Don
“To die, to sleep

To sleep perchance to dream:

Ay, there’s the rub.

For in that sleep of death what dreams may come”

Admittedly I had to look it up, but it's sadly a good analogy for the obstacles facing GTGs referenced by the quote from the master of tragic comedy. Thanks for the touch of cultural to rule the day.

Old August 20th, 2019, 15:39   #69
AndyBees
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP View Post
I've even noticed quite the slow down on Vortex. The MK2 Parts For Sale section was daily chaos a decade ago; even 5 years ago, great parts would be gone in hours. Now it seems like the posts trickle in, and good parts can sit around for a while.
And, that is why we need to welcome Newbies with wide-open arms. There are a few members that go off the deep end with condescending responses to questions from Newbies.

I'm more of a lurker now than in the past. But, I do try to help when I think my contribution will be a positive experience for a Newbie. Newbies need to feel welcome, if so, they'll hopefully be contributors in a positive way.

Notice my signature......... changed it several months ago because of my observations relative to Newbies and noticing the lack of overall activity.
Old September 2nd, 2019, 00:54   #70
imbrian

TDI(s): 03 wag

hi. imbrian, newbie but oldie?

screw facebook, this place is more than sufficient. i wouldnt own my wagon, or have picked up a golf parts car from the woodline if it werent for this(and others) forum. i saw the light last winter, in regards to cars/autos/trans.......bought my wagon from a bud for a couple/few hundo three years ago solely as a backup to my subaru. now the subaru enjoys its rusty last days before partout while the wag is rising like the pheonix. sits at 202k and she's ready for couple more.

im in vermont, the vw/tdi/mk4 activity is very strong up here. not as in organized, but as in the activity on craigslist, salvage yards, etc is good. if you watch theres good stuff, great deals all the time. this includes all of new england, there's a mk4 partout enthusiast around concordNH that makes me want to get a couple more wagons just to get 'em back up on the road, i can get great parts from 3-5 salvage/parters .....mk4 rocks the casbah.

im up for colorado i suppose...be a long drive as i would probably not be able to command/force myself to drive thru the midwest......maybe go thru canada?.....ontario, saskatch?......or down 95 across then up? originally from indy and dont care for the endless cornfields
imbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 17:37   #71
Lug_Nut
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 116 mpg(e), 36 mpg gas, 100 mpg combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomo366 View Post
Now 3 years since the last TDI Fest in Sturgeon Bay Wisconsin these were such a great time! Really miss my Friends! And sadly I guess those days are over I made all but the 2 that were held out west! Peter v Storey and Jonathon Bartlett and of course Fred made them all.....
To all my old TDI Club friends, and to Tomo, too : I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you this, and every, Labo(u)r Day weekend.
I don't get on to Fred's often now as my TDI owning days have passed, and might not be renewed, but I do hold a fondness for all the times we spent together, whether at official fests, impromptu GTG, regional events, or just out for an ice cream.
I'm am continuing to take the Labor Day week off from work for a vacation just to maintain the practice of work understanding my priorities, just in case there is a fest revival.

Svante Arrhenius 1896

Cogito ergo soy (I think, therefore: Biodiesel)
Lug_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 17:45   #72
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
To all my old TDI Club friends, and to Tomo, too : I wanted to let you know that I've been thinking of you this, and every, Labo(u)r Day weekend.
I don't get on to Fred's often now as my TDI owning days have passed, and might not be renewed, but I do hold a fondness for all the times we spent together, whether at official fests, impromptu GTG, regional events, or just out for an ice cream.
I'm am continuing to take the Labor Day week off from work for a vacation just to maintain the practice of work understanding my priorities, just in case there is a fest revival.
Thanks Jon I miss all of you guys and Gals! You were one of the 1st TDI folks I ever met! And will always be a great friend!
Old September 2nd, 2019, 19:20   #73
PeterV
TDIClub Enthusiast
HO5G Doyen & Zen Master

I also echo the words of Lug_Nut. I was just imagining the drive home from previous fests with great and fond memories of All the TDIers we have met over 19 years and all the fests. Tred to date is the only TDI that has been to every fest. Sadly this TDI may be no longer a member of the HO5G. We shall see what the future does bring. Hamsterdiesel still has her '15 Passat TDI.
To Tomo what a great ride we have had Gtgs, fests and even a wedding. Time seems to change events although the heart is willing I as with a lot of you am slowing down.

And to Fred THANK YOU it is not easy to herd a flock of Diesel drivers.
PeterV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2019, 19:37   #74
tomo366
TDI Lifer, Member #131

3 Bug Pwr winners right here! I now drive a BMW 328D X Drive Sedan in (Silver) imagine that me driving a non Red Car........Wife drives my Multiple Award winning Jetta!
Old September 2nd, 2019, 20:04   #75
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

It still feels weird to be home on a Labour Day weekend. I do miss discovering different parts of Canada and the US along with meeting up with all those great TDIClub friends. Just remember that those of you currently with a TDI you guys are still part of TDIClub. Just look how long it took me to finally get one all those years ago!

Thanks for the support of TDIClub everyone!

2010 Golf Highline Wagon (Blue Graphite Pearl)
Aspherical Mirrors

- Past VWs:
2003 Indigo Blue TDI Bora Wagon;1996.5 Black 2.sl0w Golf
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote