MI mini-GTG Nov 9

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon, 2003, Baltic Green
Weather permitting, a meet-and-greet mini-GTG will be held in Rochester Hills. We will meet Sunday, November 9, noon, at Meijer, corner of Rochester and Auburn roads, on the east side of the lot. Come put faces with user names and compare cars /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlatinumGLS

Veteran Member
Please fill out the poll below so we can figure out how many people from TDIclub plan on attending...owning a TDI isn't necessary...I posted the GTG info at the Michigan VW & Audi Enthusiasts forum /images/graemlins/grin.gif

<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://forums.tdiclub.com/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1067371783PlatinumGLS">

Do you plan on attending this Mini-GTG in Rochester Hills?
<input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Yes, I'll be there!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />No, I'm busy!
<input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />No, I don't live any where near Rochester Hills, MI!
<INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
Gee, Plati, maybe you oughta see a doctor about that nasty cough. Wouldn't want you to get pneumonia and miss the GTG! /images/graemlins/eek.gif

PlatinumGLS

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
JetWag03 said:
Gee, Plati, maybe you oughta see a doctor about that nasty cough. Wouldn't want you to get pneumonia and miss the GTG! /images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]LOL...think I'll just take a Day-Quill and I should be good /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none in the fleet (99.5 Golf RIP, 96 B4V sold)
Guys,

I'll send the notice out to the Michigan TDI Email Mailing list in the morning!

my attendance will be, at this point less than 50% BUT if I am there I'll have vag-com...

would ya consider moving local if something came up on the same day?

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
I may make it down to this one, but like GeWilli, its only 50% at this moment. If its big enough, I may bring some friends down too for the day. I also have a Vag-com if anyone needs it.

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
[ QUOTE ]
GeWilli said:

would ya consider moving local if something came up on the same day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think we could change venues to coordinate with another local event. Sounds like a good opportunity to get even more people together. Keep us posted on what you have in mind /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

PlatinumGLS

Veteran Member
Here is the address for those of you coming from out of area:

Meijer
3175 Rochester Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
Corner of Auburn & Rochester Road, ½ Mile North of M-59

LIVE4SPD

Veteran Member
TDI
used to have a 99 TDI Jetta
There's a possibility I might be there as well. Won't know for sure until after this weekend. I'll have a VAG-COM with me.

PlatinumGLS

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
CoolWht said:
I'm interested but would like to know who's planning on attending. Since this GTG is in Detroit area any chance one of you Detroit area VW guys can set up a tour of the museum at the VWOA HQ in Auburn Hills? I'd love the opportuntity to see the old Beetles and Transporters they have on display but normally that display is only open Mon-Fri and I have to work those days hence my request. Back to the GTG - I will check this thread around November 7th and decide then if I will attend depending on who's coming and weather for Sunday. Most likely I will attend though! Want to get a road trip in soon! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]The GTG is actually only about 4 miles from VWoA HQ...I will go down there sometime soon and get some museum info /images/graemlins/wink.gif

LIVE4SPD

Veteran Member
TDI
OK I'll be at the GTG on Saturday. If you want to meet up somewhere closer to my side of town I can lead you guys out there. It's not hard to find though if you go on own.

EDIT: Sunday not Saturday (must be the gasoline fumes getting to my head! /images/graemlins/grin.gif )

TheRedMagi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Reflex Silver
I hope to be there for a little while at least. Got oil changing day that sunday. I'll know more next week.

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
its the lack of diesel fuel in your driving diet /images/graemlins/wink.gif I knew there would be some residual affect

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
If this had been Saturday I might have made an appearance. I've got other plans for Sunday.

LIVE4SPD

Veteran Member
TDI
Yea the effect is my wallet is lighter only getting 24MPG in the city. /images/graemlins/eek.gif

MI_Upsolute

TDI
Golf GLS, 2001, Silver
I'm bringing your Pela 6000 oil extractor and a few extras if anyone is interested. I'll also bring my VAG-COM. I'm the Upsolute distributor for MI and I'll 'chip' any TDI present for $300. It doesn't have to be done at the GTG , just setup an appt.

God Bless all.

PlatinumGLS

Veteran Member
[ QUOTE ]
MI_Upsolute said:
I'm bringing your Pela 6000 oil extractor and a few extras if anyone is interested. I'll also bring my VAG-COM. I'm the Upsolute distributor for MI and I'll 'chip' any TDI present for $300. It doesn't have to be done at the GTG , just setup an appt.

[/ QUOTE ]I'll be there to pick up my Pela /images/graemlins/grin.gif My TDI has already been Upsoluted though /images/graemlins/wink.gif

GeWilli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Michigan is less than one tank away /images/graemlins/wink.gif Heck you should be able to get here and back on the same tank of fuel!!!

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
There CAN be one in Indiana. In Fort Wayne, if you want /images/graemlins/grin.gif. All you have to do is pick a time and a place, and post it! I did, and got WAY more response than I was anticipating /images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Try It, You'll Like It!

Re Sunday, the weather report is not looking good -- everybody think good weather thoughts!

Hammy

TDI
2003 Golf 3-dr Reflex Silver
[ QUOTE ]
JetWag03 said:
Re Sunday, the weather report is not looking good -- everybody think good weather thoughts!

[/ QUOTE ]

I did...and it worked! Unbelievable!

Sunday
Mostly sunny...becoming partly sunny during the afternoon. Highs 42 to 46.

It's not Florida, but for Michigan in November, it's pretty darn good!

TheRedMagi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Reflex Silver
Hey Gang..

Well now I know what Plati looks like! /images/graemlins/smile.gif picked up a Pela From MI Upsolute as well.. (Drop me a pm with the paypal info) Even gathered up a passing GTI 1.8T, I love seeing that expression when you explain to the guy your running 19:1 compression and 12-16 boost. /images/graemlins/grin.gifCan't wait for the next one gang!

Thanks JetWag for setting it up!

JetWag03

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like a plan. Next time we will coordinate with GeWilli first to make sure there isn't a conflicting event. I'm sure it was the chili cook-off that drew everybody away from ours! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif