2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

ddorrer

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Tdi, 2012 JSW Tdi DSG (Sold w/80k miles), 2010 Sportwagen TDI 6spd (Traded)
Does anyone know when Phase 2 fix will be implemented for 2015 Gen 3 cars? Phase 1 completed months ago but paid only 2/3 settlement.

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
According to the information I got with my 2015, early 2018 is when they are suppose to start.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Related to this, if I were to purchase a 2015 Passat TDI now from a VW dealer (after Phase 1 of the fix), would I get a 1/3rd restitution payout when the Phase II fix is made? I'm assuming this 2015 Passat TDI was previously turned in for buy back by the previous owner to a VW dealer.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Nope, if the car was "bought back" per the program, there's nothing left on the table for VW to shell out.

If the dealer took a Phase 1 fix in on "trade" and is now selling it, then there may be money left on the table, but you may not know unless you punch in the VIN.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Turned in my 2010 Jetta TDI Cup Edition to VW, DSG, Nav, Sunroof / Replaced with a 2015 Passat TDI SEL Premium
740GLE, you have a 2015 Passet SEL Premium TDI. Is it manual or DSG? Have you had the Phase 1 fix yet? What do you think about yours - after Phase 1? Have you noticed any changes since the Phase 1 fix? What is your average fuel economy?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Uh, that's why it's buyback *OR* fix . . . at no point was anything else ever offered . . .

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have yet to see proof of this stated anywhere. Care to share your source?

Register the VIN of a "bought back" car on the website, what do you think will happen? VW cash machine just keeps doling out the greenbacks?

Man i should register our 2015 NOS Passat for the fix again, and score another 8K, its only got 6K miles on it, gonna make bank!!!!

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Register the VIN of a "bought back" car on the website, what do you think will happen? VW cash machine just keeps doling out the greenbacks?

Man i should register our 2015 NOS Passat for the fix again, and score another 8K, its only got 6K miles on it, gonna make bank!!!!
When I check the portal with a VIN of a 2015 that I am considering purchasing, that is exactly what the portal is telling me.

Freeze Plug

Veteran Member
TDI
Turd Sandwich
same. I even submitted all of my paperwork to see what will happen

Otherwise, what is the incentive to complete the fix?

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
Portal Has proven to be wrong for amount of monies to be paid out on multiple vehicles, it's not good enough for proof. Ive checked multiple vehicles that got paid out already and the portal says full restitution.

I do get what freeze plug is saying .

Buy a 2015 Passat that hasn't had both phases done yet (just one), if no money is coming his way, why complete the fix?

I'm wondering what stipulation people have to complete phase 2 when they bought there 2015s from the dealership (post announced fix)?

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Portal Has proven to be wrong for amount of monies to be paid out on multiple vehicles, it's not good enough for proof. Ive checked multiple vehicles that got paid out already and the portal says full restitution.

I do get what freeze plug is saying .

Buy a 2015 Passat that hasn't had both phases done yet (just one), if no money is coming his way, why complete the fix?

I'm wondering what stipulation people have to complete phase 2 when they bought there 2015s from the dealership (post announced fix)?
One incentive would be is, if the first fix was done in mid-2017, and the 2nd fix isn't available or isn't done until mid-2019, the 2nd fix starts the extended warranty over again, so one could increase the emission fix warranty extension. That's a fair amount of incentive, especially if the hardware doesn't negatively impact vehicle performance or mileage efficiency.

Phil5651

TDI
2015 Jetta SE w/connectivity
Anyone in Nashville with a Gen 3 have fix done ? If so, where and how was the experience ? I'm looking at 1st stage fix and any information on how it went and how long.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
When I check the portal with a VIN of a 2015 that I am considering purchasing, that is exactly what the portal is telling me.

Admittedly I tossed our '15 VIN into the portal and stated it was valid for submission of a claim.

I'm still thinking they'd just take a little while before they reject you claim.

Mark_J

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI Passat SEL Premium, 2017 Fiat Spider, 2017 Ford F350 6.7 Diesel crew cab PU, 2016 Harley Trike, 2016 Tesla Model X P90D (I know went to the dark side)
Just for fun I entered my 2015 into the portal and it says this vehicle is not eligible. This is what I would have expected. I didn't purchase the new 2015 a few months ago thinking I would make money again on it. The warranty definitely had a lot to do with my decision though. So all I say is good luck to anyone who thinks VW will shell out any more money than they have to. Would be sweet if they did use money as an incentive to get the 2nd part of the fix done, but I don't hold my breath. I purchased the 2015 because I love driving the TDI.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
Just for fun I entered my 2015 into the portal and it says this vehicle is not eligible. This is what I would have expected. I didn't purchase the new 2015 a few months ago thinking I would make money again on it. The warranty definitely had a lot to do with my decision though. So all I say is good luck to anyone who thinks VW will shell out any more money than they have to. Would be sweet if they did use money as an incentive to get the 2nd part of the fix done, but I don't hold my breath. I purchased the 2015 because I love driving the TDI.
I think your perspective is spot on. Don't make a decision in this kind of situation based upon thinking you will get additional restitution payments - base it upon warranty, fuel economy, and vehicle fitting needs and being an enjoyable vehicle to own & drive. If you are fortunate enough to qualify for additional restitution and VW provides it for you, that is just a bonus, but don't consider this in your decision process, because it sounds unlikely VW will grant it.

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M

I purchased my 2015 Passat without expecting anything further. It was a great deal and the extended warranty is a bonus.

In my case the portal says it's eligible - I suspect that if I submit documents they will reject it after review. Don't think you can take what the portal says initially as fact - there has to be a lag in getting what ever database they check the VINs against updated.

I suspect the only incentive for getting part 2 of the fix done is the extended warranty. (at least for cars like mine- previously bought back, part 1 fix applied)

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The class attorneys just told me that the NOS 2015's are not eligible due to not being a registered vehicle as outlined by the class document. They are not eligible for any restitution at all. Used bought back ones are. I bought mine for the tdi, discount and warranty at the time.

93celicaconv

Veteran Member
TDI
The class attorneys just told me that the NOS 2015's are not eligible due to not being a registered vehicle as outlined by the class document. They are not eligible for any restitution at all. Used bought back ones are. I bought mine for the tdi, discount and warranty at the time.
OK, understand that NOS (new/old stock) aren't eligible.

Most folks in this forum said used 2015's that the previous owners had VW buy-back also are not eligible for further restitution because VW already paid the original owner off in the buy-back. If a dealer sells a used 2015 TDI, they can only do so after the Phase I fix is completed. Are you saying the new owner of a used, bought-back 2015 TDI is eligible for restitution at the time the Phase II fix is completed? If so, how much of a restitution payment is the new owner eligible for? A full restitution? A 1/3rd restitution?

If you are not sure, is this something the class attorneys can provided feedback on?

2015 PASSAT

TDI
2015 Passat TDI
I bought by '15 Passat from a non VW dealership so not sure if this helps but thought I'd chime in with my experience. When I ran the VIN and talked with someone on the portal live chat they said that the phase 1 was completed but I'm still eligible for the phase 2 restitution. The car was leased before I bought it BTW.

3fordasho

TDI
15 Passat 6M
I bought by '15 Passat from a non VW dealership so not sure if this helps but thought I'd chime in with my experience. When I ran the VIN and talked with someone on the portal live chat they said that the phase 1 was completed but I'm still eligible for the phase 2 restitution. The car was leased before I bought it BTW.

Encouraging news for sure. Not sure if mine was a previous lease or owned car or if that matters at all. Guess I'll find out when I upload docs on the portal and see if they reject or not. Still waiting for plates/registration to show up.

In the glove box is an info packet on the emissions modifications spelling out the fix, extended warranty and something to the effect that if I have purchased this vehicle it is my duty to bring it in for the part 2 fix when it's available - nothing about restitution for part 2.

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
Thanks Lightflyer1 :D

=================

I'm having a devil of a time trying to ink a new 2018 Golf.

IF I do the fix, it would be sweet if the timing between the start and finish will be close to gather

This 2/3 and 1/3 is a pain Deep down I really love my TDi

Last edited:

2015vwgolfdiesel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 VW Golf S DSG Silver
One big issue of the FIX over the BB

If one does the BB, ... 2015 Golf

...... Good bye the TDi:mad:

....... and good bye the DSG:mad::(:eek:

Lincoln

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6 Speed MT
Related question: I heard from my local VW dealer that the bumper-to-bumper warranty (now 2 yr / unlimited miles) on the 2015s is offered by VW, rather than any particular dealership. Does anyone know whether that would apply to a 2015 bought from a non-VW dealer? I'd love to buy a used 2015 TDI, and the best prices near me are all at non-VW places, but don't want to miss out on the bumper-to-bumper by going to a different dealer. If I could ALSO get the final 3rd of restitution by going to a non-VW dealer, that would be icing on the cake.

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
Hold on -
you should get the first 2/3 upon completion of the 1st phase, and the remaining 1/3 upon completion of phase 2.

The fixes will need to be done at a VW dealership.Phase 2 has not been announced as available yet.This will probably take all day for the dealership to complete.