Can I remove mirror? 2005 beetle

BeetlePD

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle 2005
Not the whole assembly, just the actual mirror. My mirror is cracked, so I want to remove it, get a new mirror, and then reattach. I’m worried it will come off & then not reattach

EDIT: Now how do I put it back on? :-( My car needs annual inspection so maybe I’ll just take it to the dealer & have them Snap it onto the car.

Last edited:

eddieleephd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 jetta Wagon
Yes, there's a plastic backing that clips into the mirror adjustment. It'll feel like you're going to break something.
You just need to get behind it and pry, preferably on two sides. Start at one and go to the top and bottom of you can.
But, yes it'll come out. But s new one and you'll see it clearer.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
I just changed my left outer mirror with a tinted, heated mirror from idparts. The trick is to have the mirror in the inner most position so as to get a good grip from behind. The back of the mirror clips into a holder on the outer part of the mirror.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Can you see the outer clip in the mirror housing. If so, aim for that clip; assuming the NB is the same as my Golf.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
You should be able to connect any wiring if needed and just push and snap it back into place. You should be able to see the parts that snap back into each other.