Kerma Q pro for a CR140 - anyone have?

digdug

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi
I cant seem to find many opinions on this. The few reviews that are out there are great. Im going to be using the $500 goodwill money towards it so I guess it only really will cost me ~$100.

I'll decide on it within a day or two and then if I do end up doing it, I'll post up what I think of it. thanks

chaoscreature

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Special Edition
Assuming the tune itself is the same as the ones that get bench-flashed I can attest that the KermaTDI tune is very very good.

digduggy

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2011 Golf TDI
Hello Digdug, I am hoping mine is in when I get home today I will let you know

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf

WinstonWolf

TDI
GSW 2015, 6SM
So on the reddit post I noted that I live in the midwest, so beans, corn, and flat land. The only change from stock is the tune from Kerma. The videos are on relatively flat land and you can see the odd bump on the terrain from the change in MPG readings. I'm in the process of running a couple of tanks through with the tune and normal driving to see what the real MPG improvements are. This is my slow travel season so running 1200 miles is going to take me closer to a three weeks than during the summer when I do that every week.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
So on the reddit post I noted that I live in the midwest, so beans, corn, and flat land. The only change from stock is the tune from Kerma. The videos are on relatively flat land and you can see the odd bump on the terrain from the change in MPG readings. I'm in the process of running a couple of tanks through with the tune and normal driving to see what the real MPG improvements are. This is my slow travel season so running 1200 miles is going to take me closer to a three weeks than during the summer when I do that every week.
I'm interested to hear what your actual mpg is when calculated on paper.

My own personal experience with this same tune was a 6 mpg discrepency between real average mileage and indicated. I've logged every single fill up since new with Fuelly and I was seeing a consistent error of 6 mpg over the last few tanks. Certainly fun to look at numbers that appear to show massive increases in fuel economy, but actual math reveals no real increase in fuel economy so far.

I should add that the wide variation in temps lately has made it difficult to tell if there were any small improvements in fuel economy. The large error between actual and indicated on the MFD is easy to determine, but actual increases are difficult to pin down due to the effect of low temps on fuel economy. It's supposed to be -3 here tomorrow and then back up to the high 30s sometime next week.

WinstonWolf

TDI
GSW 2015, 6SM
I had discrepancies from real MPG vs. what the console claimed prior to the tune so when I have a couple of tanks run through I will also post a couple of tanks prior to the tune as a comparison.

WinstonWolf

TDI
GSW 2015, 6SM
Update on the Tune

Hi gang,

as I said I would give you an update on mileage and other stuff here is what I have.

Clearly more power. Still searching for a Dyno that will let me run my Diesel.

Mileage has gone up slightly but not as much as the CPU shows at the refuel. My last two refuels look like this:

Miles Gallons MPG(Real) MPG(CPU)
534 12.387 43.11 51.6
524 12.086 43.36 55.3

Prior to the tune it looked like this:
Miles Gallons MPG(Real) MPG(CPU)
516 12.337 41.82 43.2
450 10.135 44.40 46.0

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
That mirrors my experience with the discrepancy between actual mileage and indicated.

79jasper

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 jetta
That's pretty impressive. Out of curiosity, are the Kerma tunes with stock emissions/turbo? Is the area you're in relatively flat? Our highways are about the same speed as the interstates in your video, but lots of up and downhill climbs.
They won't tune for deletes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Golf tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf
At waterfest last year there was a Kerma tuned Golf,performed very well indeed.Overall he said that the car is night and day better and is very happy.