09 2.0 CBEA, Injection pump timing?

Octane

Hey guys, So my cars at 191k and they recommend replacing the timing belt for 195k km's, Now I'm wondering if there is anything else others do regarding timing or what to make it run better, more power like or what?

I had a older diesel that I tweaked the timing a bit on, whether it made much of a difference or not, I dont know.

I just ask just due to the whole "while im at it" deal. I do plan to chip the car down the road but Just figure'd to ask. thanks!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The injection timing in the common rails is entirely determined by the ecu. You lock the hpfp with a dowel while doing a timing belt job. It's just so the hpfp pulses are better in sync with the engine. For more power a tune is the way to go.

Octane

The injection timing in the common rails is entirely determined by the ecu. You lock the hpfp with a dowel while doing a timing belt job. It's just so the hpfp pulses are better in sync with the engine. For more power a tune is the way to go.
Thanks for the reply. that's something I had somewhat figured, I'll leave it as is then.