Alarm doesn't work so key fob doesn't either

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
The key fob is not the problem, had Amax security, the key cutting guys at TDIfest, check and it sent a signal fine. The little red blinking light by the window that usually goes on when the alarm is armed doesn't ever go on and I think this may be why the key fob doesn't work either, have to use the key manually to lock/unlock.
Anyone ever had this problem or know how to fix it?

DASH

TDI
2005.5 Jetta TDI / 2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
Check to make sure all the doors... trunk... and hood are closed. I have seen at least seen with mine that if a door or the trunk is not closed I will not get that audible alert that the car is closed...

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
yep checked that. When I searched that seemed to be one of the common causes for this problem, but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless somehow they are all closed and the connection saying they are closed is faulty.

05GLSTDI

TDI
2005 Golf GLS
I had the same problem a few months ago... went through every friggen fuse I could find in the car...lol.
Try putting the key in the driver side door, turn the key and hold it for 5-10 seconds. Ended up working for me. I don't know how I figured it out, but it worked... Re-programmed itself I guess.. :confused:
Hope this helps.

sackman

Veteran Member
TDI
2(2003) 2Dr ARL/ASV
I had the same problem a few months ago... went through every friggen fuse I could find in the car...lol.
Try putting the key in the driver side door, turn the key and hold it for 5-10 seconds. Ended up working for me. I don't know how I figured it out, but it worked... Re-programmed itself I guess.. :confused:
Hope this helps.
Tried this without any luck.. Any one got any ideas short of just going in and pulling stuff apart?