www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old July 12th, 2018, 14:53   #1
Flooormatt

TDI(s): VW golf tdi
Default Canít get tdi to run right, please help!

So I installed some pp520ís on my golf. Before the upgrade I was getting a little white smoke every now and again, also the cars power/speed seemed very lacking. Couldnít even merge onto the highway fast then 63 mph, not sure if this is normal for these cars. Got the injectors pop tested and everything before I installed them. The car starts to sputter pretty bad at 1700 rpms and produces a lot of white smoke. Vcds software said my timing was good and I turned my IQ up to 5.2. Vcds also read a p0102 code for my maf sensor. Iím ordering a new maf sensor hoping this was the issue. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks!
Flooormatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 16:50   #2
TLH_TDI

Have you cleaned the intake recently? Remove large elbow and look into the EGR valve with a mirror and flashlight, clogging will cause loss of power.
TLH_TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 17:43   #3
Yourbuddysatin
Veteran Member

Check and see if your intercooler has oil in it.
Yourbuddysatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2018, 17:49   #4
Seatman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: No idea

Try it with the maf unplugged and see if there's any difference, a bad maf will cause really low power, can also cause random hesitation through the revs.

I had one over that I unplugged and the car ran great, owner never bothered replacing it lol
Seatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2018, 14:31   #5
Flooormatt

TDI(s): VW golf tdi

Thanks for the help guys!! I’ll look into these things and let you know how it goes
Flooormatt is offline   Reply With Quote