Test Drive: 2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI

schubie

TDI
2010 Touareg
Aussie members are putting miles on them since their main cities are so far apart and they travel a lot to get from one to the other. No complaints at all from any of those members. I also know they are using their Tregs offroad as well to play in the Outback. I personally am not worried about it, but then I don't put many miles on a vehical ever. I have a 10 I bought new in 09 and only have 23K on it, but drive it daily. I just don't drive long drives other then when I moved from UT to PA and did that drive on 3 separate occassions.
X2! A few Oz CT members are in the 200k km range, as they've had the V6 TDI since the mid-2000s.

And let's not forget the role of driving style in brake/tire wear. Sure, there are posters who complain about burning through both at 20-25k mi. But what do you expect when you drive a 3 ton SUV when wet like a sports sedan? (Although it's a testament to the vehicle that you can. :cool:)

More than a few owners have gotten 50-75k mi out of their brakes. I'm at 65k mi and mine are still going strong. And 40k mi out of tires isn't uncommon. My ATs have about 41k mi on them with 10/32s of tread left. But then I drive my Treg like a truck...