DieselGate Gen3

doctor_vai

TDI
2.0 150hp
Thanks ! It doesn't show up there, but is there a way to verify it with vagcom ?

I was doing a casual drive yesterday when I noticed at a red light that the car is idling at 1000 rpms instead of the usual 800 ! I thought it's doing a dpf regen & since I had a few hours to lose (it's a sunday!), I figured I could enjoy a coffee in 50km nearby city.

I drove there whilst keeping the revs at around 2000 to help the car clear the dpf. Once there, the car was idling at the usual 800 rpm !

Upon return from the 50km journey, the car went again to 1000 rpm after only 10 km, then at another stop it went back to 800, then again jumped to 1000. It kept doing that until I parked in my garage and stopped the car whilst it was at a 1000 rpm ! Didn't hear a fan going on after that.

From what I know, a DPF regene only takes around 10 to 15 minutes to complete. The journey was around 1h30 minutes on a highway and still at the final stop the car was still idling at 1000 rpm !

Does this sound normal ? I left the car for an mib 2 update at the dealer and I suspect he updated it with the gen 3 fix ! :S

Thank you !

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
If they fixed it, there would be a sticker under the hood, and the vin would be on that site AFAIK.

Version of software in vag? No idea.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Regens happen for all the weiredest reasons, I wouldn't peg double regens on having the fix.

When did you buy the car? Still in Morocco?