P0128 and fan trouble

Kyle7713

TDI
2006 Jetta
Noticed my Small fan runs at 100% a lot with the AC on but will shut off when the AC is turned off wether the engine is hot or cold. Got a P0128 temp sensor inconsistent error two days later. Is this just a semp sensor error and I need to change the sensor is is more going on here with the fan running like it is.
No VAGCOM sadly.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Anyone? Is there a better forum to get info from then
There may not be a better forum to get info, but a little more patience might be helpful. Many of the real experts here do not check-in every day. You only asked for info yesterday. You just might get the info you need in a few days. This is a forum, not a chat room, answers do not always come instantly. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question or I would try to be more helpful.

Have Fun!

Don

Kyle7713

TDI
2006 Jetta
I was concerned that the gauge may not be showing true temp and dancing with an over temp issue with a broken fan so I was hoping for an answer.
But this humble and informative member decided to take shots at someone in need, good on you. I understand it’s a forum but why chime in if you don’t have anything constructive to add.

Cheers

Last edited:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I was concerned that the gauge may not be showing true temp and dancing with an over temp issue with a broken fan so I was hoping for an answer.
But this humble and informative member decided to take shots at someone in need, good on you. I understand it’s a forum but why chime in if you don’t have anything constructive to add.

Cheers
Wow! Did you even go to the search I posted (My 2nd post)? If you navigates through some of the links there, you will have a VG basis for further discussion or even a resolution to your problem.

A better forum for TDI's? Your'e already there. You will get the help you need here.

Oh and welcome to Fred's............

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You have one bad fan. Start there.

Then get a proper scan tool. Otherwise, you'll be wasting your time, and then asking questions here without a proper scan tool to be a gateway into your car's control systems will in turn be wasting everyone else's time, because we will be unable to help.

BOTH fans come on together. There is never a time on your car where one fan runs on its own.

Kyle7713

TDI
2006 Jetta
You have one bad fan. Start there.
Then get a proper scan tool. Otherwise, you'll be wasting your time, and then asking questions here without a proper scan tool to be a gateway into your car's control systems will in turn be wasting everyone else's time, because we will be unable to help.
BOTH fans come on together. There is never a time on your car where one fan runs on its own.
Thank you very much, I’ll order one tonight. The scan tool has been on my to get list for a while, expensive things.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
No, VCDS is actually quite cheap. Probably the cheapest bang for the buck available for any brand specific application, by far.