2004 Touareg TDI v10

dzldoctor

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta 2006 Jetta manual 2004 Touareg TDI V10
I just purchased a low mile non running tdi v10. Got the rig running but is throwing the turbocharger module 2 faulty code. Rig has 94K on it. Wondering about replacing turbo and possibly egr delete and exhaust/ tune at the same time. I can not find any parts for this rig aftermarket. Any insight I see Malone tuning for tune, but no hard parts for the turbo egr or exhaust . Any insight would be just great.

Fourdiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Touareg V10 TDI
I just purchased a low mile non running tdi v10. Got the rig running but is throwing the turbocharger module 2 faulty code. Rig has 94K on it. Wondering about replacing turbo and possibly egr delete and exhaust/ tune at the same time. I can not find any parts for this rig aftermarket. Any insight I see Malone tuning for tune, but no hard parts for the turbo egr or exhaust . Any insight would be just great.
The module (control) may be the only part that is failing.
See also http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/ for more active information on all things Touareg.

Blownvette

Veteran Member
TDI
1990 Corvette with V10TDI ,2004 (2)V10TDI’s
Two things come to mind that could be the issue. One is a faulty n18 valve and the other is a stuck or disconnected actuator rod. A missing c-clip is common cause.

There are a few people here that can help, they just are slow to respond. This forum could be a great resource for V10’s as they are getting pretty inexpensive to purchase and are reasonably easy to fix by experienced hands. As with any niche car it takes time for the following to grow.

Other forums are full of losers with stripped v6 Touaregs that will try and put the fear of god in your choice of Touareg.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=476826
Read from post 7 on. Make sure you send a LEFT side module for your LEFT side turbo.
I'm betting on the module. Check the actuator rod for no movement, check the circlip isn't off, check if the actuator moves when you use VCDS output tests. Then get it rebuilt.

I tried swapping modules and they don't like changing sides. Little did I know the used module I had was for the wrong side. Autoecu.com has two shops, Tenessee and Florida. Speak to them about getting it sent to the Florida shop. They have more equipment to work on that g145 actuator.

I don't believe it's n18s. The EGR output test didn't show much for any signs of why it would be the n18 and there isn't any info on why it would be.

If it was you could just swap sides and test it that way. I bought two new ones at Blowns Suggestion and didn't see a change(no harm no foul), new map sensors, No change, New MAFs, no change. Start with the module first then start using a lot of VCDS testing before doing the expendibles,

Here is the module that I sent out.
19791 - Control Module 1 for Turbocharger(s)
P3335 - 000 - Missing Message(s)

The old module read this way. (still holding onto it at the moment)
18360 - Turbocharger Control Module 1
P1952 - 000 - Defective - Intermittent

I had the module sent out, they replaced the motor, worm gear and some circuitboard repair. Installed the "rebuilt" and its still not responding. We'll see if they can actually do it right the 2nd time. They aren't giving me the same wonderful answers about programming, and can signal that they did before I agreed to the R&R.

Who do you guys use for refurbing the actuators? Maybe I need a better shop to do it (autoecu.com)

!

Last edited:

NoobyT

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
And so too did I.

It seems a great shame when, if the information is not available on here - and it's often not since this Touareg section gets little "footfall" - helpful people get rudely criticised and banned for telling others of websites where they can find the help they are seeking.

It will be a measure of the purpose of this website if future references to www.clubtouareg.com and www.mytreg.com and associated posts therein get deleted and the posters thereof banned again.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
All Nooby is saying this is a bad forum for Touareg info. Not a lot of traffic here at all.
Sure, but there is no reason both sites can't be helpful. Not all the answers are in the archives of clubtouareg. People just need to respond more here. Maybe that would be more helpful. The traffic for V10's is all old wisdom on clubtouareg, and it's bare as is.

Both And not Either Or

NoobyT

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
Regrettably I don't think there is much one can do to get people to post information if they aren't actually coming to this section of the site and contributing.

It would be great if people did and the font of knowledge thereby increased - the more sources the better for any Touareg owner with an R5 Tdi, or V6 Tdi, or V10 Tdi, or whatever Tdi!

Elsewhere, this site is well populated with good information and seems active as a consequence.

I wonder if that is because owners of cars with the smaller engines are prepared to get the spanners out but Touareg owners either don't, won't, or are simply too scared to delve into their model's complexities?

Whilst we can surmise I doubt we'll ever know, so upwards and onwards [hopefully!]!