VCDS Tweaks

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
So I have the latest beta version 14.8 and can access all installed controllers but can't seem to adapt or change anything like staging, comfort turn cycles windows up or down.
Anyone else not able to do anything or am I missing a login or security code?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

BadWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG/ 2015 Golf S Three Pedal
Same, I turned on the gauge sweep which makes me laugh every time I start the car, the oil temp added to MFD but that is it. Most modules error out.

I am hoping there will be a way to get the radio to stay on after the ignition is turned off like I did in my 13' Passat. It just seems wrong that it would shut off immediately. Does no one at VW go to the drive-in?!

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I tried to enable sweep but coding was rejected

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You rock Don! !
Will check later

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
So I have the latest beta version 14.8 and can access all installed controllers but can't seem to adapt or change anything like staging, comfort turn cycles windows up or down.
Anyone else not able to do anything or am I missing a login or security code?

Almost everything fun is in 09-Cent. Elect. then Security Access. Enter the SA code that pops up, then go into Adaptation. BTW, make sure to make a controller channel map of your Adaptation channels before changing anything:

http://ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/applications_screen.html

http://ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/controller-channels-map.html

BadWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium DSG/ 2015 Golf S Three Pedal
Thanks Wolfsburg!

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
Well, I enabled some options.
Ours is a base model 2015 Golf S, no additional packages! Manual trans, manual seats(no memory), no auto wipers etc.. BASE!
Works:
Gauge Sweep: works most of the time, sometimes not. Odd Works fine now.
Convenience window up/down: Yes
Unlock honk: Yes, works fine, 2 honks on unlock. Unable to turn on/off separate from lock honk in settings. :(
Passenger mirror dip: Yes
Fuel used: Yes - had to manually hard code it as the bit 4 was missing.
# of Flashes on turn: Yes, set mine to 5. Reset factory setting to work.
Oil temp: Yes

Does NOT Work:

Ones I forgot to do:

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
How did you manage to enable the windows up down?

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Thanks for the links guys it all work as it should, wow its a lot harder than the mk6 was but it's the way I want it now.
Just remember to have the engine off and key on when doing the window mod or it won't accept and then after you are done make sure to reset all the factory settings to enable the changes in the car menu.

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Jason, any chance you could try the passenger mirror dip on reverse? We couldn't get it working on mine today... Would love to see if yours does

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I did try to enable it but it doesn't work, I believe you must have the mirror memory function installed for it do do so.
It will accept the coding but even with the selector switch in the R position and resetting all factory settings it still didn't work.

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Oh and if you want the gauge sweep to work ALL the time please reset the factory settings; mine works every cycle now

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
I did the reset to factory settings for the individual setting group, I believe Mirrors and Wipers it was - still nothing for reverse mirror dip. I'll have to do a whole system factory reset tomorrow when I get a chance.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Honk on unlock/lock: double honk is unlock
https://vimeo.com/105816932

Gauge sweep:
https://vimeo.com/105817319
Sweet! I want the sweep but i have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Anyone else think the lock horn is a little to loud? I wish it was more of a beep then a honk. Seems a little loud for late night uses.

I did try to enable it but it doesn't work, I believe you must have the mirror memory function installed for it do do so.
It will accept the coding but even with the selector switch in the R position and resetting all factory settings it still didn't work.

Can memory be added? I really like this idea. i find myself leaving the nob at right side. Or have a option to control both Windows.

Are you doing this with a computers or is it some secret menu?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, the horn is obnoxiously loud. I really prefer my mkIV horn for lock notification.
I'm so used to hearing the audible notification for when the alarm is set vs a door open and alarm not setting.

Wife really strongly dislikes the mkVII's honk. Especially at night. Needs something like the BMW's "beep beep"

And the programming is done via a "vagcom" cable by Ross Tech and software called VCDS.

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
Updated my post - these now all work.
The Passenger mirror dip on reverse works. Try going through the settings again... when we originally did it, we missed the first step in the linked guide .. apparently as they were not activated.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
That's cool ill have to look into it... Or find someone willing to do it for beer.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Yeah, the horn is obnoxiously loud. I really prefer my mkIV horn for lock notification.
Seems with every year, VW has made the horn locking louder. My 2000 beetle was a slight beep. The 10 JSW is about half level and the 11 golf is about a 80% level.

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
I have other wired horns in my shop.. Can we swap them out or is it tired into the horn?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI S, 6 spd man; 2017 Jetta SE TSI, 5 spd man
Just received my VCDS today and was able to perform to following mods successfully (2015 Golf TDI S model, 6 speed manual):

1. Windows up and down with the key FOB
2. Oil temp display on MFD
3. Fuel used in gallons on MFD
4. One touch turn signal flashes from default of 3 now flashes 5 times
5. Gauge needle sweep on start up

Was going to enable battery SOC, but then found out it's already avtivated on the 2015. Would like to be able to remove the recommended shifting in the top right corner of the MFD as well as get the radio to stay on if you turn off the car but leave the key in the ignition.

Ben

Last edited:

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
Added the passenger mirror window dip too...kind of cool and helps not curb the tires when parking close to a curb. On a different note, I had to remove the enabling for gauge sweep because it wouldn't work all the time even after I reset all factory settings. Anyone have any insight on this?

Ben

badufay

Veteran Member
TDI
I couldn't get the gauge sweep to sweep every time... Sometimes it would, sometimes it wouldn't. I tried resetting the radio and everything, but still only randomly worked. For those that have coded stuff now, do you have "09 cent elec" DTCs now?
Ben