2005 Passat Wagon. Cali car. Zero rust

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
2005 Passat TDI Wagon

Rust free original paint California Car. 198K. Blue on tan leatherette. Fully loaded. Power: steering, brakes, windows, locks, mirrors. Moonroof. Monsoon stereo. 17” factory alloys with 4 brand new tires. Ice cold AC.

2.0L TDI (BHW engine code). Engine just had a full service: BSM (balance shaft module delete)-, german timing belt kit, h20 pump, thermostat, all plastic coolant flanges, glow plugs, cam inspected and received new bearing shells and fasteners, engine gaskets. Turbo disassembled and thoroughly cleaned inside to remove all carbon. Vanes move freely. Intake was removed and steam cleaned. All intake plumbing including the intercooler steam cleaned inside/out. Rebuilt alternator.

Remanufactured torque converter. Fresh trans in pan filter and proper synthetic fluid.

All new fluids: engine oil, trans fluid, coolant and brake. All OE quality fluids only.

All filters: oil, air, cabin and trans.

New brake rotors and pads at each corner.

Only OEM or the equivalent top shelf quality parts used.

The body and chassis are beautiful original paint and rust free. Very nice paint. No clear coat peel.

Both headlights have been recently wet sanded and polished to new condition.

Just professionally detailed inside/out.

No engine codes.

Clear clean CA title in hand. No liens or branding.

Turn key car. Deposit taken. Awaking pick up.

Last edited:

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
So I'm not confused by CA designation, the car is registered in California, you're in Canada, and the car is located where? Thanks!

97caron

Veteran Member
TDI
NB
I'll post what I get for my 04' 180k wagon when settled with ins for hail damage to give an idea on current pricing.

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
This is a fully "dialed" in B5.5 Wagon here folks. Add fuel and go. All the known problems of this engine and platform have been addressed. If we weren't already flush with cars in my family I'd simply keep it. I consider it a 10 year car in the right hands.

Keli_OR

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 black Sportwagen SE, '01 silver Jetta GLS, '00 green Beetle
Heated seats? Any pictures of the dash area and instrument cluster?
What is your average mpg?

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
Thanks for the bump.

Yes it has heated seats. Both upper and lower, both seats work properly. I'll snap some dash pics later this week.

Mid to high 30s mpg. Mostly varied conditions.

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
Nice Passat. Love the color.
The right buyer will come along.
Good luck with the sale.
-Jason

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
Beautiful car. Past ownership was done right it sounds like. I own a 2004 tdi wagon with a similar history. I can say it is one of my best all around vehicles I've ever owned.

Someone will be fortunate to land this one. Good luck

duteman2

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 GOLF, '04 Passat Wagon, 5-speed, BSD, our 8th. and 9th. TDI's
Nice! 5-spd swap candidate...

Wow, this is a very nice example of the breed indeed. A perfect candidate for a manual swap. I know you say you've serviced the trans and such but at this mileage, a manual swap would make this a perfect car.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
It's possible the tranny may go for a good while yet. I have 235k on mine and the tranny still works perfect. Until I find out differently, I am inclined to believe that these can have a long life if serviced early and often. I did a pan drop and filter at 100k. Mine has had a drain and fill about every 20k, since I acquired it at 46k. IMO, those first fluid changes were the most important. I hope 300k is possible.
Mogly's car is a fine example of one that is well cared for- way better value than one that needs issues addressed.

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
Did you ever get a pic of the audio / hvac control area? I'd like to see that as well. Thanks.