www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW Touareg TDIs

VW Touareg TDIs This is a general discussion about Touareg TDIs. Non TDI related postings will be moved or removed.

Old January 3rd, 2018, 08:07   #16
jcart
Veteran Member

Oh that sux Radman. Not sure on a break in method, I did purchase one of those small pump up air bladders (6”by6”) to use as a wedge. The notion is you slide it in between the door and vehicle body then pump up just enough to get coat hanger or other rod to get at the door latch. I have it stored in my work truck, though not used it yet.

Just replaced the battery in ours yesterday, not that big a deal. I hooked jumper cables to spare battery and jumper posts under hood to keep constant power to ECM as I don’t have VCDS yet. I installed a more robust AGM battery the has higher CC amps and much larger amp hour capacity. Kinda disappointed as the AGM was a fare bit shorter then the stock, with means I may have been able to install an even larger battery... oh well the new one works great. My suggestion is to take out the old battery, measure the dimensions then get the largest AGM you can fit it there, if you plan to keep the vehicle.
Keep us posted on how you make out.
J
'97 ECLB 7.3 power stroke auto stocker
'97 CC 7.3 Power stroke ZF 5 with lotsa mods
jcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 19:00   #17
Savageman69
Veteran Member

spoke to soon lol 187,000kms 2012...it was -20c left to days, it was low it didnt recognize the key to push to start..used manual ignition and it was all it had to start
2012 Highline Touareg v6 TDI - 8spd - Silver - Weathertechs - Buzzken Downpipe/Dpf/Scr Pipes - Hybrid 2260 - 4 Bar Map - JR Auto Performance/Buzzken Stage 3 Tune - 31 BFG k02s - Cayenne Trans Coding - Gutted/Painted Muffler
Savageman69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2018, 20:54   #18
jcart
Veteran Member

Looking foreword to installing the inline block heater when it lands. That’ll be easier on the new AGM I just installed. Will take some install pix when it arrives.

j
'97 ECLB 7.3 power stroke auto stocker
'97 CC 7.3 Power stroke ZF 5 with lotsa mods
jcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2018, 07:53   #19
Radman
Veteran Member

I went with the stock battery. No-one else had any available due to severe cold and holidays they are all sold out. Dealer had only 2 left. $195 my cost (garage price)
Old January 10th, 2018, 12:07   #20
CsTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: T2: 25-26avg/A6: 49

just replaced my '10TregTDI battery in November- proactive. Same process as my front seat '06TregTDI. With the change in weather, I had a lapse in trust of the current battery but it still had started and ran fine. As others have said, the main steps are removing the 2 bolts in the front and tilt the seat back. There are earlier posts on here with detailed steps.

I got the old battery out before sunset and since it rained the next morning, it sat 'til the afternoon for the reinstall. Did not use a spare to power in the interim. The only thing I had to reset besides error codes was the clock. I performed the steering angle circular ride, but not sure if I would have had to or if it would have cleared itself. No battery coding required.

Locating and picking up the 9A95R AGM that I wanted, was the most time consuming part.

Does anyone know if the T3s (specifically 2017) have a battery energy management system?

Last edited by CsTDI; January 10th, 2018 at 12:48.
CsTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2018, 14:13   #21
Radman
Veteran Member

I think they do have battery management. Mine was completely shutdown until we opened the door then it came back to life and the alarm even went on. Had a low battery warning on MFD but it still started.